Need help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have my first scuba class tomorrow and I need to clean the film off my new scuba mask. I was told to use like ajax or comet, so I went and bought some comet. I then, realized that it didn't work because it was a fine powder, the scratch free comet! I have a bucket of mildy abrasive oxy clean stuff. Can I use that?

Toothpaste. Put it on both sides of the lenses and polish away with your toothbrush. Rinse well and repeat. Be sure to use a good defog when you go diving. Should help. If it doesn't, use soft scrub.

.... and I need to clean the film off my new scuba mask. I was told to use like ajax or comet

:confused: That was some good bit of advise .... Might as well use sand paper !!!!

Toothpaste .... as stated by Bratface.

Ordinary Crest... no flavour, no mint, no brightners.

If you don't get it taken care of, some instructors will have the mask scrub available to use before you start. I've seen several offer it at the start of the confined water dives to anyone who had not yet cleaned their mask. Have FUN!!!

I know right! Sandpaper. Anyway..thank you so much. I used the toothpaste and a toothbrush and I scrubbed it until I heard it squeak like they say to and then used my defog stuff during class. I got to use all my new gear I purchased! (So exciting!!) Tomorrow is another day..I think we are supposed to have our swim test tomorrow. I heard he does it last but before our 2 dives the following weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom