need help with video light/s..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dddiver29

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi guys, im in need for advice on choosing the right lighting setups..
I understand that gopros widest fov is 170 degree, and in order to have an even light coverage you need to cover gopros wide fov (correct me if wrong), so do we need 2 lights with 100 degree flood beam spread (ie itorch pro video 4) or can we get away with lets say 2, 70 degreeflood beam spread lights (ie Sola 2000 video)..

Those two light setups is the one im currently thinking on investing as those brands are available in my country..i know the solas are expen :oops: sive, but if they are worth it, i dont mind investing..im not a pro videographer but i do like having the right tool for this new hobby of mine (dont we all?) :D.
Any other suggestion n advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks guys..

Ds

Twin Sola's is the way to go IMHO, you don't need the 2000's, I use twin 600's, bought them for $300 USD each. 2000 Sola's most likely are overkill, do the 800's or 1200's........... all depends on your budget and requirements.

The SOLAS rock and kick butt serious!

Because of refractive properties of flat port underwater, the actual FOV becomes more like 110-120 degrees, not 170.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom