Need Help with Price Lists....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gxsr_sarge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone have some advice on how to get a price list for Global Manufacturing Corp (GMC) or Western Enterprises (any other supplier for that matter).

I'm putting together my wish list of whips, fitting, gauges, regulators, valves, etc. for my home fill station but haven't a clue of how much these components are! I have a handle on the big-ticket items (compressor, hyper filter, etc.) but am worried that the "little things" will dramatically add up! Neither have an MSRP list either!

I've called them directly and asked for a one-off direct sale and they shut me out! :no:

Don't get me wrong, I am more than willing to pay a reasonable mark-up to a LDS/Distributor but knowing the ones around here (and the fact that some are hurting real bad) - the term "price gouging" comes to mind.

I've also called a few shops on GMC's list of distributors - and they didn't know that they were GMC distributors! Geeze!

Alternatively, if any of you are distributors, I'll be willing to pay a fixed % markup above cost if you share the cost/price list with me. :wink:

PM if you like

Cheers

You need to get an account with GMC to be able to see their prices. They don't offer accounts to the average consumer, you have to have a shop or dive related business, as they do not want to undermine their distribution network (advertise the wholesale price).

If you have your own business with a Tax ID number, you can get the account easily. They are very friendly people.

I'm not sure that getting a hold of a price list, without a way to purchase anything from them at those prices (ie no GMC account), is going to help you. You'll just be able to figure out how much money the shop you are going through is making on the deal.

They have an online catalog, but alas, no prices.
Global Mfg. Corp.

If you are interested in some specific items from their online catalog, you can email me. I have a GMC account.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that getting a hold of a price list, without a way to purchase anything from them at those prices (ie no GMC account), is going to help you. You'll just be able to figure out how much money the shop you are going through is making on the deal.

If you are interested in some specific items from their online catalog, you can email me. I have a GMC account.

The rationale for getting a price list was just to see a "base" price. For example, if I know that a certain needle valve for O2 transfer purposes is $X (at cost), I know that a shop should charge me that plus a "reasonable markup" - instead of taking whatever they tell me for granted. I don't expect to buy at cost. I just want to be an informed consumer. Sort of like knowing dealer cost when buying a car. Even though they may have other "gimmees" and rebates, you know more or less what the markup is.

I might take you up on your offer. Very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Global is going to be more most of the time on most everything. You can almost completely outfit yourself with hoses, needle valves and fittings for less at McMaster-Carr

They don't have DIN fittings, nor handwheel CGA fittings. You can get the former from NESS and the latter from any gas or welding supplier.

For a point of reference, I just compared prices for a few items from the Global catalog to that of North East Scuba Supply (a few items I recently purchased from Global). The GMC prices were in fact less.

1/4" NPTM close nipple Brass
GMC $4.95
NESS $4.99

Colormetric Moisture Indicator
GMC $85 (bit pricey, seen it cheaper on ebay)
NESS doesnt carry it.

1/4" NPTF to Yoke Block
GMC $25 (chrome plated)
NESS $30 (plain brass)

GMC has a large supply of tube and pipe fittings, as well as compressor and oxygen specialty parts, much more than NESS.

NESS does have a screaming deal on the OMS oxygen analyzer, $99. However that analyzer is a bit hard (too sensitive) to calibrate as designed. With a 10K resistor that costs about $.10, a soldering iron and 10 minutes of your time you can make it much easier to use. I've "repaired" a few of those analyzers myself...

Mcmaster-Carr is also a great source for piping parts. They can also make you high pressure hoses with JIC or NPT ends. You can specify in the shipping section that you want them to ship via postal service priority mail (write that in the comments section) and you'll save a few bucks too.

Scuba Duck, I appreciate you looking into that. It seems as though GMC is a good "one stop shop". I'm taking a blending class next week and will finalize my wish list. I already have a good idea of what I want but want to make 100% sure.

Let me ask you this: If I place an order with you, can you "drop ship" directly from GMC or would it have to travel half-way across the globe? Would love to give you the business but think that shipping would be "mucho dinero".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom