Need help with Pony bottle setup???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I dive two independant X7 100 HP tanks. I just recently added the X4 steel 13 cf pony bottle. Since I dive the Apeks WTX harness I have two standard tank straps.

I also purchased the pony X-bracket that has two steel rings that sling around the pony bottle and the X bracket allows the pony to rest up against the main tank.

The X-bracket can have your tank strap go through it for connection however, the top strap places the pony too high and the bottom strap too low.

Does anyone here use an additional strap and place it in the center between the two standard straps of the harness? If so which one? Is it just another standard strap found at the LDS?

Any pictures of setups would be great or comments much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike G

Last edited:
What happened to you going DIR? :eyebrow:

I've learned that you have to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run, then I can do DIR...:D:D

Anyway, can anyone shed me some light...

Thanks,

MG

Hi all,

I dive two independant X7 100 HP tanks. I just recently added the X4 steel 13 cf pony bottle. Since I dive the Apeks WTX harness I have two standard tank straps.

You dive independent doubles + a steel pony or I misread you there?

You dive independent doubles + a steel pony or I misread you there?

Sorry, I dive singles own a set. Need help with connecting the X4 pony either rightside up or upside down. How about connection to main tank? My two mainstraps are too high or too low. How does a extra strap work is it just a standard strap?

Sorry, I dive singles own a set. Need help with connecting the X4 pony either rightside up or upside down. How about connection to main tank? My two mainstraps are too high or too low. How does a extra strap work is it just a standard strap?

Sorry, cannot help you with that, never dived with a pony...

I have used the X-bracket on my pony for several years. I just use another cam strap on my pony bottle through the X-bracket, so in the end there are three cam straps going around my main tank. I slip my BCD bottom cam strap into place and cinch it, then slide my pony bottle down into place cinch that cam strap then finish cinching the top cam strap on my BCD. I use a single tank adapter, which leaves a nice space for pony cam strap to pass through.
Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom