Need help with my MSN site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speargirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My MSN site here that I use for Kawama's is down. It says it's because I have not logged in for more than 3 months. If anyone knows how to get it back up and running I am more than willing to pay you for your services.
Thanks so much
Becky

Thank you!!!!! I will try it.
Becjy

You're welcome. Good luck! Let me know how it goes with them.

Searching for your site just now on Live Search yielded this for your RentalUnit/recommend page:

The service is currently undergoing maintenance and certain areas are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

But they don't show a date so it's hard to tell how current it is.

I'd e-mail MSN and ask about it since viewing the previously cached page for your site indicates that there was no content as of 11/13/07. Which is odd since it does show captions for the pictures you uploaded on 12/27/06. Very strange...

Rental Unit

Is this the site that normally has interior pictures/info about the condo?

Well heck
icon8.gif
I e-mailed them to get an e-mail back saying this e-mail address is not monitored for incoming mail. So I e-mailed it back and said you answered it :rofl3: so can you help me. :shakehead: nothing.... nothing, nothing, nothing.

Hey how did you get to that page with the pictures blocked out? That's cool maybe I can go in from that web page:wink:

My message is saying because I have not been on the site for 3 months that it has become inactive so they shut it down. Why would they do that? I don't use the site except for showing pictures of Kawama's and sometimes I check my mail but not often.

I'm going back in:eyebrow: come and save me if they suck me in. :rofl3:
Becky

Searching for your site just now on Live Search yielded this for your RentalUnit/recommend page:

The service is currently undergoing maintenance and certain areas are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

But they don't show a date so it's hard to tell how current it is.

I'd e-mail MSN and ask about it since viewing the previously cached page for your site indicates that there was no content as of 11/13/07. Which is odd since it does show captions for the pictures you uploaded on 12/27/06. Very strange...

Rental Unit

Is this the site that normally has interior pictures/info about the condo?

Sorry Yes I " had " 49 pictures people could look at of Kawama's which really sucks because I had to have a friend come over and set this site up for me because I had no idea how to do it. And now look WHAT the heck am I going to do with a MSN site I only needed it for my pictures so people could see Kawama's.

Forget it
icon8.gif
been thier don't know how to fix it so I am going to have someone set me up with my very own website no the msn thing. At least I will be on the web so everyone will be able to see Kawama's.

I am sorry this might take some time so if you would like to see some of Kawama's and my townhouse you will have to go to ..VRBO® is Vacation Rentals by Owner® Vacation Homes Rentals by Owner site # 110769 But I don't have the same furniture anymore I have a sectional sleeper in thier now.

Hey how did you get to that page with the pictures blocked out?
Click on the link in your SB signature. Click on the link in the error message that says MSN Groups Home. In the Search this Site box type in Rental Unit and hit Go. Then click on the cached page link for one of the results (not sure which one it was)
That's cool maybe I can go in from that web page
I seriously doubt it, your problem is that your account was disabled. It's likely that you just received a canned message earlier and someone from MSN will contact you shortly. If not send them another request.

MSN still thinks your group is active: See the info at the bottom of the page here:
Rental Unit

Forget it
icon8.gif
been thier don't know how to fix it so I am going to have someone set me up with my very own website no the msn thing. At least I will be on the web so everyone will be able to see Kawama's.
I was about to suggest that. A domain name like kawamacondo(s).com - btw, both are currently available - will cost you under $10/yr. and you can probably host it on webspace you already have. Who's your ISP? (Internet Service Provider) Check what they provide free with your account - it's likely more space than you'll need to host your site.

I host my business - The Matrix Group, azscuba.org and my art collection site on my personal att.net account. I think it costs me about $6/mo bundled with my phone. You'll notice that azscuba currently redirects to our SB forum. That's done by me through my domain registration. It's how your site would work also, it would link to text/images stored in your personal account.

If for some reason your site were to become really popular, you can move it over to commercial hosting for about $10/month later. But I doubt you'll ever need to. It takes thousands of page views before someone at your ISP will even notice.

btw, although Matrix was a web design business, I don't do that anymore.

It will be easy for a web designer to build 5-10 webpages with links to your photos in a gallery or slideshow format. If they want more than a couple hundred dollars to do it, call someone else.

If you use this link in your signature, people can go directly to your condo page: http://www.vrbo.com/110769

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom