Need help with Harness on BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Route it below the DD's for extra lift...:)

Thanks for the input. Here is what I am working with. She feels pretty strongly about having the chest strap.

View attachment 84914

On a side note, I bought a crotch strap for myself, the Dive Rite one. It is so stiff it feels like a 2x4 shoved up my :mooner:

Any ideas to make it softer? Not sure how long my baby soft butt will last...:rofl3:

Once you get things adjusted comfortably, you likely won't even need the crotch strap. I dive my BP/wing without a crotch strap (and without a chest strap) and the rig doesn't ride up on me at all--and I use (Halcyon) weight pockets, so when I'm upside down there is more weight that could cause the rig to ride up (but it doesn't). If the crotch strap is taking tension at all when you're underwater (tipping head forward; floating on the surface), then your rig is probably not well adjusted.

In general, the shoulder straps can be on the loose side (they come to bear most on lateral tank/plate stability), but you'll likely want to buckle the waist strap good and tight. If my rig is yanking down on my shoulders while standing up (on land), then my waist strap is too loose. Standing, the weight of the rig should be on your hips and not on your shoulders. Everything will feel better in the water. And you will get used to working your arms and shoulders in a way where you can create tension on the shoulder straps when you need to, for example if you start doing some twisting and turning underwater, and this will provide the lateral tank/plate stability. For example, if I'm going to twist, I might cross my arms and bring my shoulders forward a bit, and this creates tension on the shoulder straps (that's otherwise not there) and locks down the tank/plate on my back. And then when you're just cruising horizontally, you can relax your arms and shoulders and take the tension off the shoulder straps.

The straps came, but the drama continues. I ordered the lightweight straps thinking only of the strength of the straps. They came as ordered, but the lightweight straps are to thin to hold the belt slides; they just move around with little pressure.

So, back to strap works and an order placed for heavy weight straps. The first straps with postage was under $10, so not a huge loss, just frustrating as hell....

Well the hwt straps came and guess what? They are not that much more heavy and the belt slides still slides, even those with teeth. I think I am going to try another vendor, Scuba Toys has been good to me so I will try there first. Strap works has good service and they never claimed their product would work for this application. I would have never thought something so simple would take so much time and hassle... I guess that is what marriage is all about, eh :marriage:

I don't know what type of webbing you ordered, but triglides WILL slide on anything but the resin-reinforced nylon stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom