Need help with console.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, you don't even need to cut away anything - the SPG should be removable from the "boot" by unscrewing the SPG from the hose. Just use the SPG by itself with a 24" HP hose; add a ss bolt snap with some cave line and you are all set.

Raymond or Andrew at Living Seas should be able to help you out (and supply you with the correct length hose) if you have any problems.

If you want the super expensive "H" 24" hose, Wai-Mun at Silent Explorer will probably have it. :D

yes you can remove the boot. done it several times. bring it to the shop, they will have to heat the plastic so you can remove the gauge without having to cut it off.

Hiya guys,

thanks so much for this speedy reply and I went to see what I could do to the spg...

It's now in 2 pieces without cutting wah hoo!!!

Many thanks again,

SangP

SangP:
Hi guys,

I made the mistake of buying an aqualung console some time ago but now I now better.

Can I make this setup DIR buy cutting away the rubber casing and removing the dept gauge?
http://www.directdivegear.com/acatalog/aq-compact2-mdi.jpg

Is this piece of equipment even dir capable with the removal of the boot and the dept gauge.

Thanks

SangP

That looks like a plastic guage. For your primary gauge you want a brass one so it is more robust and can handle extra abuse. If it is plastic, I would start over on the gauge for your back gas. They cost less than US$ 100 anyway. However, you can take this one out of the boot, put it on a 6 inch hose, and it will work as a stage gauge. Alternatively, sell it since the depth guage is worthless to you.

Hi RTodd,

Thanks for the info but the gas pressure gauge is all metal. The depth gauge is isn't and issue as it really is redundent and I have left it aside to collect dust LOL!

Thanks again,

SangP

SangP:
Hi RTodd,

Thanks for the info but the gas pressure gauge is all metal. The depth gauge is isn't and issue as it really is redundent and I have left it aside to collect dust LOL!

Thanks again,

SangP

I am truly suprised they used a metal guage. Since they did, my prior advice is completely wrong. You don't want to use a metal guage on a stage because it makes them top heavy. Just put the one you have on the correct size HP hose and you are set.

Hiya Todd,

Nothing wrong with your previous advice as it was made with under a wrong assumption.

I'm grateful for the advice anyway. As soon as I get the chance I'll replace it with a 2' hose.

Cheers

SangP

RTodd:
I am truly suprised they used a metal guage. Since they did, my prior advice is completely wrong. You don't want to use a metal guage on a stage because it makes them top heavy. Just put the one you have on the correct size HP hose and you are set.

There's nothing wrong with a metal pressure gauge on a stage.

The SP mini gauges are ok, but I would never use one of the old 2" brass gauges on a stage you have to carry any real distance. Lighter is better. This translates to my valves as well. I don't use 300 BAR valves on stages.

diver42:
There's nothing wrong with a metal pressure gauge on a stage.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom