Need Help:Strangest Question Ever From A Student

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmmike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Please..... I need HELP:confused:. This question was asked this weekend during an AOW Checkout Course,and I could not even begin to answer it. I promised the student I'd ask around to see if I could get an answer. So here it goes...........

PLease remember this is a real question........

I was helping with a BOW class, and my wife was teaching an AOW. One of the AOW students was having a "problem" as he entered the water. So he asked my wife to look away because he needed to "adjust his boys":11:. I guess all went well for that dive. At the start of the second dive, he has the same problem "with the boys". So he asks my wife if she has ever had this problem. So after a short course in anatomy, she told him that she did not "have a set of boys and never had a problem with the girls".

So after the dive he comes up to me and asks me how I prevented "the boys" from being "crushed":11: in a wet suit. Well, I've never had that problem in 20+ years of diving and have never had anybody ask me this question, nor have I ever heard it discussed.

He was very serious and this seemed to be causing him a "real" problem. He said that he was going to by a "cup" and asked me if this would solve the problem. Again, I had to say I did not know:shakehead:.

So PLEASE, I need help. He is planing to take the Resuce Course in a couple weeks and I know he'll ask me again.

And yes, as a Diving Pro. I was able to keep a straight face and act very concerned...:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I'll wait for any advise I can offer to help solve this problem:popcorn:

Thanks for help me deal with a "crushing" problem.....

Jeez. Maybe a looser suit? I'll admit that I get pretty packed in there, but not to the point of any real pain...

Is he maybe wearing some kind of underwear/swimsuit that is somehow getting him into the wrong position before he puts on his wetsuit? Maybe with a seam or something?

The trunk of his wetsuit is too short, maybe?

Just stuff them away...never a problem here...That guy is weird....Don't go to the bathroom with him

I find if I just let things hang naturally around my knee they are fine.
Doesn't that interfere with your helicopter turns and back kick? :blinking:

Kim,

I did ask about his "swimsiut", and he said it was a Spedo, not some type "Surfer Suit". And he was fine keeping the bottom half on and walking around all day......

Kim,

I did ask about his "swimsiut", and he said it was a Spedo, not some type "Surfer Suit". And he was fine keeping the bottom half on and walking around all day......
Speedos are pretty tight no?

Otherwise he might need to check the size of his wetsuit - maybe he has a funny build and needs a custom...

Obviously he's getting "hung up" on something that isn't normally a problem to the rest of us, and believe me.....I'm rather overweight just now and it's a REAL struggle getting into my 5mm!! :D No problems down there though. (and I wear a crotch strap)

Hahahahahahahaha

Suit must be too small in the area the lads like to play. try a larger suit in the bottom area.

Hahahahaha....worst case is pop a hole in the playground so the lads can equalize......so much for just having the ears pop!....hahahahahha

Back
Top Bottom