Need help on PST steel tank ID I want to sell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1969ivan1

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, guys I have a strange tank that I need some info on. I got it from a guy that said it was a steel 80.
Here is what I do know. It is a 3000 PSI Pressed steel tank and is galvanized. It is a little shorter than a 72 cf steel. The tanks measures about 22 inches around. It has a 3AA3000 marking on it and was made in 1983 with a plus marking.
I will most likely be wanting to trade and or sell it, but I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it?
It is out of hydro but I looked inside and it looks good.

DSCF0917.jpg

Wow, this is the only time I've ever been stumped with ID'ing a cylinder.

Does it bother anyone else that PST didn't stamp sizes into the cylinders until they came out with the E-series?

Wow, this is the only time I've ever been stumped with ID'ing a cylinder.

Does it bother anyone else that PST didn't stamp sizes into the cylinders until they came out with the E-series?

Then I need to show you a couple I have. They are steel, made by PST, 3AA2650, 5.5" dia (17" around)x 18 long. I am guessing they are somewhere in the 35-40 cf range....going to make a really cute set of doubles once I make some bands.

OK, guys I have a strange tank that I need some info on. I got it from a guy that said it was a steel 80.
Here is what I do know. It is a 3000 PSI Pressed steel tank and is galvanized. It is a little shorter than a 72 cf steel. The tanks measures about 22 inches around. It has a 3AA3000 marking on it and was made in 1983 with a plus marking.
I will most likely be wanting to trade and or sell it, but I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it?
It is out of hydro but I looked inside and it looks good.

DSCF0917.jpg

It sounds like a PST MP72. I think they were rated at 3000PSI and with a + rating, they could go to 3300PSI. At that pressure, they held 79.2 cu. ft. How accurate is your circumference measurement? If it is exactly 22.0 inches, that would make it 7.0 inches in diameter, but if it was 21.67" that would be a 6.9 inch diameter, or steel MP72 diameter. The height is 20.75" without valve and weight is 30.0 Lb. empty without valve, If your measurements equal these, then I would say it's definitely an MP72

PST MP 72 3300 72 6.9 20.75 30 -6 -11.4

Wayne in cave country said that it is indeed a rare steel 80. He said they are very poplular in CAVE country. Thanks for all the input and help on the ID folks. Now to sell it.

R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom