Need help!! How do you remove cat pee odor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go to a local walmart or Meijer and get a jug of the blue liquid you are supposed to pour into your septic tank to maintaing balance. It is a mixture of live enzymes that eat sewage. dilute it with cool water and liberally apply so it soaks into all the layers. It will get rid of the smell in a couple days.

Do you have a jumbo sized dryer, one that would fit a Toyota Camry? :rofl3:

I think I would go with the spray bottle as the solution and air dry it out... purposefully subjecting the car to the trauma of a dryer might void the warranty. :no:

Ken

You need to find a cleaner with no ammonia in it - if you clean up with ammonia, the cat will just go there again. Your profile doesn't say where you live, but in the UK 1001 troubleshooter does the trick.

I'd suggest getting to the cause of the problem though - why is it peeing over your furniture? Rule out a urine infection before you start tearing your hair out, or shooting the cat!

Hope that helps.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

..moved to non-diving related...

Who knew that cat pee could be such an ice breaker in an intro? :rofl3:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

..moved to non-diving related...

D'oh. My last post came one second too late! :rofl3:

From experience with a cat on my lap as I type this I can tell you unless the cat is ill or old if he/she is peeing on your stuff especially clothes then you did something to make them mad. Cats are like women. They will say they forgive you but every time they get a chance they will get even for even minor transgressions and say they did not mean it. A cat will come up and cuddle with you and then go piss on your rug or shred your drapes over the time you accidentally stepped on their tail or did not feed them fast enough. My Black cat is jealous as hell. She knows she is not allowed on the counter. A couple weeks ago a new stray showed up and I've been feeding her, petting her outside, and even let her in once. Now Charlie( the black cat) not only goes up on the counter but will actually lay there and stare at me, as if daring me to chase her off! Now I'm a true cat person as I expect cat hair everywhere. And if you come to my house be prepared to leave with a few hairs. I vacuum the carpet and furniture but hey you can't get all of it. If that's an issue oh well, the cat lives here you do not.

Now as for urine. So far they have not gone on anything that I can't throw away. The bathroom rug I had got some cat pee on it when the older cat somehow went over the side of the litter box. I washed it seperately, used lysol, washed and hung it outside. No luck. One of them would still go on it but not much. Just a little as if putting a small reminder on it. It is now outside and the stray is using it as a bed but not peeing on it. THe only other thing is a towel that fell of the rack into the litter box. I found it half buried and threw it away. But Lynne is correct, the problem is not the carpet itself, but the pad underneath. As long as they can smell it they will go there. And new cats will do the same. I know one family who went so far as to put a new subfloor down after moving into a house where the previous owners had pet problems and the new pets picked up on it right away. Try the methods discussed but most of all do not piss off your cat!

You really don't like cats do you?

I tolerate the ones my friends have, but I have no desire to rush out and get myself one, mostly for the exact things you list about them.

Something about an animal that has ability to access every surface in the house and do vindictive things just doesnt seem appealing. I can live without all the hair everywhere as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom