Need help!! How do you remove cat pee odor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slightly off topic, but still a related, but funny story.

I took my cat to the vet one day, for his annual exam. Gizmo hated the cat carrier, so on the drive home, I released him from the cage, and he crawled under the seat. All is good, until a few days later, when it got hot, the car began to stink like the kitty litter box. I used every product I had, and the odor appeared to be gone. All is well, I thought.

Until some time later. The car no longer smelled of kitty pee. Life is good. I had planned on a night dive after work one day. Life is great. My tanks and gear sat in the hot car all day while I had to work. Finish my day, drive to the dive boat and unload everything. Enjoyed a sandwich on the ride out to the reef. Had a beautiful twilight dive. Life is grand. Until I surfaced from the dive and boarded the boat. I reeked of a litter box! Everybody made a fuss, it was so BAD! They threatened to throw me overboard and keel haul me, then feed me to the sharks, if they would even have me.

Apparently, although the car appeared to be urine free, the gear sitting in the heat all day, once water activated, stunk to high heaven. If I recall, my solution to the problem was to sell the car and to never let that happen again.

If I recall, my solution to the problem was to sell the car and to never let that happen again.

Step 1: Remove cat...

:D

One or both of my cats are peeing on any laundry I have....if i leave a basket out...one of them pee's on it, whether it is clean or dirty. I know...put the clothes away...but that is in a perfect world. They are in good health...not sure what is up with that.

And CD...if it was up to me...they would be gone!!!!!

One or both of my cats are peeing on any laundry I have....if i leave a basket out...one of them pee's on it, whether it is clean or dirty. I know...put the clothes away...but that is in a perfect world. They are in good health...not sure what is up with that.

And CD...if it was up to me...they would be gone!!!!!

Sandy, sweetie! So good to see you.

One of Mom's cats has a UTI, crystals in his bladder have him peeing on the few carpeted surfaces in her house. Special diet hasn't helped, yet. Have you had your kids to the vet? Yeah, I know, can't afford the extra expense at this time.

I have had them checked out recently...and all its good J. Its a sporadic problem and always on clothes!!! I should take them in again...if i can pinpoint the time it is being done. Not sure if they are pissed at me...no pun intended...lol

So good to see you J :) and you to CD. :D

I will maybe see about changing their food...and i know to do it gradually.

I too have had this problems many times over the years...

Unfortunately, cats and dogs have an innately keen sense of smell so nothing short of eliminating the odor is going to work. And for that, I use OdoBan. (It has been around much longer than products like febreeze and I'm sure all of these are based on it somehow.)

You can put it in a spray bottle (I buy the gallon jug) to spray spots or put some in with your laundry. Either way, odor gone.

Ken

I too have had this problems many times over the years...

Unfortunately, cats and dogs have an innately keen sense of smell so nothing short of eliminating the odor is going to work. And for that, I use OdoBan. (It has been around much longer than products like febreeze and I'm sure all of these are based on it somehow.)

You can put it in a spray bottle (I buy the gallon jug) to spray spots or put some in with your laundry. Either way, odor gone.

Ken

Do you have a jumbo sized dryer, one that would fit a Toyota Camry? :rofl3:

I have had them checked out recently...and all its good J. Its a sporadic problem and always on clothes!!! I should take them in again...if i can pinpoint the time it is being done. Not sure if they are pissed at me...no pun intended...lol

So good to see you J :) and you to CD. :D

I will maybe see about changing their food...and i know to do it gradually.

Mom's house is all hard wood flooring or ceramic tile. But, Meeko only pees on the few throw rugs, her soft fuzzy slippers, or the cloth grocery bag she keeps by the door. Kitty box is scooped twice daily, so that's not the problem.

This week's visit to the vet consisted of kitty taking a needle to the bladder to draw some fluid for testing, and then another shot of antibiotic. :depressed:

If you do switch foods, buy a small bag initially. It's expensive, but you don't want to be throwing it away cuz kitty doesn't like it and won't eat it. :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom