Need help!! How do you remove cat pee odor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Sorry this might be off topic.

My cat is getting old and peeing everywhere. grrrr!

I need to remove cat pee odor from a carpet. Does anyone no a good product or household remedy to remove cat pee from carpet?

thanks in advance.

chris

Try Fabreeze, I used it on my car seats and it worked pretty good. It was an open Suzuki jeep. I solved the problem with about 10-2 foot long pieces of 3" wide packing tape. Most of it was gone the first two nights, the third night it was undisturbed.

There is a product called Sink the Stink used for treating wetsuits. Works well on suits, and works wonders on any urine odor too. Dive shops often have it in single use turtle packs, but I have bought it direct from the manufacturer in gallons.

Sink the Stink Home Page

It's the best thing for those with incontinent elderlies at home, of any species, and for those with ferrets, raccoons, or pet rodents. I helped test it when it first was developed a few decades ago. We used it on a diver's car he insisted on hauling and storing wet gear and live lobster in while he was out of town. He wanted to know what had happened to his car, and what junkyard we had found the replacement in after we had wrecked his... It couldn't be his 'cause it didn't smell right. Follow directions, more is not necessarily better for this stuff. Really bad places simply need to stay wet with it longer to give the critters in it time to work. DO NOT store it in a hot car though.

seeing as my cat saw fit to pee on everything and any thing, i would call myself some what of an expert on this topic. the best thing i've found is urin gone, you'll find it at most pet stores, and even some mass market stores. there is a similar product whose name escapes me at the moment, but i can tell you it comes with a black light. hope that helps.

sean

The best way is to shoot the cat prior to it peeing on the carpet. :D Preventive maintenance.

:shakehead: :no:

seeing as my cat saw fit to pee on everything and any thing, i would call myself some what of an expert on this topic. the best thing i've found is urin gone, you'll find it at most pet stores, and even some mass market stores. there is a similar product whose name escapes me at the moment, but i can tell you it comes with a black light. hope that helps.

sean

:D And test it on a patch of fabric for color stay too.

BTW, Welcome to the Board.

Try natures miracle stain and odor remover, it is found in most pet stores(vets use it all the time)

Having had WAY too much experience with the issue:

For carpets, use a carpet shampooer like the ones Bissell makes, that inject and vacuum up water, to remove as much of the urine as you can. Then treat with Nature's Miracle (which is as good as anything else I tried, although I didn't use Sink the Stink) and put a damp towel over the area overnight. The longer it stays wet, the longer the enzymes work on the odor. NOTHING will take the smell completely out of the padding under the carpet.

For upholstery, clean as best you can (I actually bought a small upholstery attachment for my carpet cleaner) if the fabric is water-tolerant. I put Nature's Miracle in a spray bottle and used that to drench the area of the stain. I didn't worry about color-fastness, because the fabric is ruined anyway and usually discolored as well.

Be prepared that, when you eventually lose the cat, you will have to have everything you own reupholstered and the carpets replaced, or any future cat is likely to begin to use the same spots to pee in.

A black light helps a ton with locating the pee in places where you can't easily spot it.

I bought Nature's Miracle by the gallon . . . sigh.

Tomato juice? (fresh squeezed from a juicer might not stain) I hear it works on skunks, and I know for a fact it works on fox feces. I stepped in some and washed my shoes with chlorine, soap...it still smelled 5 days later. I sliced open and rubbed a fresh tomato on it and it was gone instantly.

Step 1: Remove cat...

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom