Need help getting off the fence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ok,

Going to order regs sometime in the next couple of days. Need first stages only, looking for high performance, prefer to get something that can handle cold water, prefer no swivels. Want to stay under $200 each.

Things I will entertain:

1. Apeks DS4
2. Dive Rite 1208 ICE
3. Zeagle products

Anyone know where I can get something matching this? I need a source (URL if possible) and if overseas, shipping costs.

Thanks,

-P

I am familiar with Larry selling Zeagle products and have already contacted him.

Thank you.

DS4 - is probably the #1 rock solid most popular technical first stage. I dive two. Absolutely love them

Dive rite - has a swivel
Zeagle - Just about identical to the apeks except with a spherical core seat.

The DSV also gives you the extra port if you need it.

I just read Phil's information about the Apeks ordering system...interesting way to cicumvent the Apeks no online sales stipulation....

The DR has the swivel, as mentioned, but looks like I can get them for $175 or so if I do things right.

The DS4 is bulletproof, but that routing leaves something to be desired. Especially that necklace.

The Zeagle stuff is nice, and is pretty local to me.

In all fairness, it's probably going to come down to how cheaply I can get them from an authorized dealer in the US.

Not sure what you mean about hose routing on the DS4. What are you running.

rescuediver009:
Not sure what you mean about hose routing on the DS4. What are you running.

Basic routing,

Primary on right post, backup on left, inflator on right, SPG on left. No drysuit hose. The tight bend as the backup leaves the left is what I mean...

I use the apeks up here in Alaska and have had no problen in the 2 years I have been using the in the cold. Never tried zeagle though. No one sells them up here that I know of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom