Need help for next dive trip destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well St Croix is out. After talking to someone who should know it seems the crime rate is higher than normal so it's out.

If you can find a castle with a moat for safety, you can dive in the moat.

safety not so much for us but for our wives. sorry to disappoint

Aruba seems about the only place left that you haven't been to before that also has shore diving. Or have you also?
I suspect it's not much diffferent topside than Bonaire/Curacao since it's 50mi. away.

If you don't mind repeating the same shore dive - maybe Anse Chastenet resort on St Lucia? I can't speak to the bug situation but the extremely high-end resort above it - Jade Mountain - doesn't have a wall on one side of the rooms so the view isn't obstructed so I'd guess it's not an issue there. At $10K/week you'd think they'd get some complaints...:D

We've just about covered all the Caribbean Shore Diving options in this thread. Except Cozumel and IDK the bug situation there either.
Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Cozumel, Caribbean

Otherwise - Aloha....:rofl3:

If you can find a castle with a moat for safety, you can dive in the moat.

I saw they had one of them moats in the Needin Markus Christmas Catalog. "Hers" had alligators, for safety, the "His" was for diving and had a choice of Mermaids or Whale Sharks, same price.

I haven't read every post on this thread and if Grand Cayman was mentioned, sorry. We just got back from Cobalt Coast on Grand Cayman and highly recommend it. No bugs, nice beach, great shore dives off the pier, nice pool, excellent food, top quality dive op (they do lots of rebreathers if interested). We will take the Caymans any day over Roatan. But just our personal choice.

Cayman Brac

For sure, but #2 might be a problem. Our villa had a wicked pristine private reef right front of our villa all to ourselves. It was rocky, those white coral rocks, not ironshore. It's the only place we've seen reef squid

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom