Need help for next dive trip destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe ft.Lauderdale. heehee

Reactions: Doc
wives do not dive so liveaboards are out.

More narrow thinking follows along on post #30. :wink:

Bad math :doctor: Get a lawyer. Arrive at a totally different answer. :rofl3:

Strange thread, but predictable, anyway.

Last edited:
OK not a liveaboard dive cruise but how about those boats thst two couples can live on, dive off of, visit various islands as you and your captain/cook takes your group around the Virgin Islands, diving here and there. These sojourns have an actual name that identifies them but fir the life if me, I can't think what it is. Bareboating? Sailing/dive something or other? Doc, you know. Help a pal out please.

These sojourns have an actual name that identifies them but fir the life if me, I can't think what it is. Bareboating? Sailing/dive something or other? Doc, you know. Help a pal out please.

Carnival?

Sure, there are any number of ways that you can complicate a simple sailing trip and trying to dive from a sailboat is one of the best ever, but if you really want to avoid bugs so badly that you're willing to lock yourself in a D.I.Y. 55' prison with your two (soon-to-be formerly) best friends (forget about your fantasy of a menage 'a quatro, they never end well and things can get pretty awkward back in Ohio when you & Maude once again "bump into" Lois and Bill at the Dayton Country Club for the Friday Night Fish Fry and everyone there remembers "that birthmark" thing, jeepers!) for a week, it's prolly smarter to arrive in your ports o' call and go to the friendly red and white flagged gravel-floored dive shop (where the owner is a US ex-pat who looks like he's from Central Casting, having "gone island" back in Y2K) and ask them to take you for a dunk (which has got to be way better than listening to an on-board tank filling compressor rattle your skull at a never-ending average rate of 1.2CuFt per minute) if you were ever really okay with sailing a boat in the first place, which would logically follow as a quantum leap of an assumption and advice in this thread (I mean really- does anyone ever read all of a thread's posts from #1 onward, anyway? Let's find out- if you have read this far, please hit the "like" button down there on the bottom right- don't cost nothin'), but me personally I would recommend a Carnival Cruise which is technically the Worlds Largest Liveaboard Dive Boat, and if but for nothing else, the 2 AM Ice Cream Buffet, yum.

Gawd, I love run-on sentences (parenthetically speaking, so to speak), almost as much as I love ice cream.

Last edited:
:rofl4: Doc you slay me. :worship: "former best friends" ahahaaaaaa snort

Since the thread has gone on a sailing bent, what about a Windjammer? It fits most of your criteria if you substitute boat for house and you don't have to share it with 2,000 of your closest friends. Wife and I used to sail them back in the 90's before they went defunct. I believe one of them has been resurrected sailing a week long loop out of Grenada through the Grenadines and Tobago Cays. We dove off the last couple of trips. Not sure how many dives you get. You would have to work it out with local shops and the Windjammer folks (local shops picked us up off the boat), but I think they are working hard for customers and would probably work with you. We had alot of fun "back in the day." Dress like a pirate night was a blast and I think I still have doubloons from the bar. Our vacationing is pretty dive centric right now, but we hope to try them out sometime in next couple of years if they are still afloat.:)

Sail Windjammer Home

There is the Cuan Law...Scuba Diving Live-aboard in the British Virgin Islands

That thing is so big it's like you brought part of your house with. The main lounge is bigger than my living room.

Travel around the BVI's, they often moor somewhere fun for shore excursions and the beaches in the BVI's are exceptional. Many you'll be the only ones there - some of them don't even have roads to them.

Capture.jpg

:) getting stranger and stranger. So glad I could do my part. :)

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom