Need help finding gloves for my wife.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CavemanScuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife needs a set of 5mm gloves. The problem is she has freakishly long finers and a real small hand. If she tries on a small glove, her fingers hit the ends of the glove before it is all the way on - same with a medium, plus a medium is loose on her wrist and water would just flow in like crazy. Any ideas? Do they make women's specific gloves for this exact issue. Please help! I know she would appreciate a nice fitting glove.

My wife needs a set of 5mm gloves. The problem is she has freakishly long finers and a real small hand. If she tries on a small glove, her fingers hit the ends of the glove before it is all the way on - same with a medium, plus a medium is loose on her wrist and water would just flow in like crazy. Any ideas? Do they make women's specific gloves for this exact issue. Please help! I know she would appreciate a nice fitting glove.

You could very easily make some 2" wide wrist bands of 3mm neoprene to wear under the glove wrist areas.

Then make cinch straps for sealing the wrists.

All are easy to make and very effective. (I used this method to improve 7mm gauntlet mitts for sub-40-degree water.) :)

Dave C

Good idea, dave4868! I'm in the same boat: palm size xs, finger length m. I usually split the difference and get size small gloves, they're not a great fit, but they've worked out for me in two sports that require gloves, though I tend to wear through the fingers a lot faster than anyone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom