Need help finding a restaurant I visited on my last trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we went to La Perlita, I got brave and ordered a Michelada. That was interesting. All the locals there for lunch were drinking them. That is an acquired taste. I haven't apparently acquired it yet. I may try again.

Don't try it again! They're quite habit-forming.

Fortunately, they're easy to make at home, so my wife and I are in no danger of withdrawal. I recommend Negra Modelo or, failing that, Dos Equis Ambar as the best base beer for a Michelada.

There are different types of Michelada. The Yucatecan style with salsa (Valentina, Cholula or my favorite Bufalo would be good choices in the US), some worcester sauce and plenty of lime juice is the only one I like.

There's another type that's essentially tomato or Clamato juice with beer. Ick.

Did you have a shot of xtabatun at the end of your meal? That is an El Moro thing.
FWIW, I have been given complementary shots of Xtabentun (usually the D'Aristi brand, which is the best IMO) at El Moro, Especias, Sonora Grill, Pancho's Backyard, and even once at La Choza. BTW, the best price I have found for Xtabentun is at the liquor store on Ave 30 a couple of blocks north of the Pemex station.

I like michelada all right, but I more enjoy cerveza chelada. It's just a glass of ice and plenty of lime juice (maybe a third of the way up the glass) and then pour the beer over it as there is room. Yum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom