Need help finding a restaurant I visited on my last trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's the one perhaps on the second floor built over the carport? It's my favorite for seafood and I can't for the life of me remember the name but I can find it on a mopedThey have this huge seafood platter for a family that's outrageousThey also have a couple aquariums up there and you look out over the neighborhood

It's the one perhaps on the second floor built over the carport? It's my favorite for seafood and I can't for the life of me remember the name but I can find it on a mopedThey have this huge seafood platter for a family that's outrageousThey also have a couple aquariums up there and you look out over the neighborhood

And THAT would be Albino's - LOVE that place too - and I always forget about it! It's on Av. 10 between Calles 10 & 12 norte - open only during high season usually from noon to 8pm +/-

Whoops, Christi!......hahha......Albino's is on Av. 20 not 10.......bacon wrapped shrimp to die for!......(and probably should mention that they do actually CLOSE pretty early but they won't kick you out if you are in the middle of your meal, but best to get there around 6pm for a relaxing time!)

I miss Cocos. Early breakfast is great for a 730 AM dive boat departure.

Wow, lots of great suggestions! Definitely have to try out La Perlita and do our part with the lion fish (and the octopus cooked in its ink).

Yep Betsy - thanks for catching that!!!!! Miss you!!!!! Catch up soon! It's time for yoga now - haha!

La Perlita has some strong Margaritas. Two is normally a self imposed limit there for me, three has potential as a mind eraser (YMMV). Most tried the Pez Leon there last year. Our friend Tim usually orders one whole really large fish for the group to pick at. I don't normally eat fish but it was a good Snapper (I think) last March. We had a great meal there.
El Moro is always one of my favorite places. There is normally kids playing soccer in the street out front and a good cab driver will wait for you to finish your meal and drive you back to your origin. With our group last year everyone shared a bit so we could try all of the flavors. I tried all kinds of stuff I would never order a whole dinner of. Good stuff!

There are so many great places to eat on the island...

When we went to La Perlita, I got brave and ordered a Michelada. That was interesting. All the locals there for lunch were drinking them. That is an acquired taste. I haven't apparently acquired it yet. I may try again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom