Need Help - DC Dryglove Ring System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v--Locke--v

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,

I have a drysuit w/ the DC rings installed. The suit came this way second hand and I did not install these my self.

The latex seals that attaches to the suit have been cut and the plastic DC ring has been installed on it. The typical blue gloves have been installed on the glove side ring.

This seems to work okay, but if he glove gets punctured, or the seal doesn't seat properly than the suit will/ can flood. I would like to install the bottle style latex wrist seals on the suit.

Whats the best way to do this? Can I use these rings with the seal intact, or can I use them as is and just place the new seal between the existing cut seal and the ring?

I'd hate to have to spend another $150+ on new seals and the SI Tech ring system when I already have a ring system.

thanks!!

Get rid of the glove liners...Buy just some simple cotton garden gloves, they have a narrow cuff that won't jam around the seal. ((alot easier))Also you can buy replacement blue smurf gloves in just about any hardware store. I bought a pair at home depot....they are exactly the same. $5 a pair. The glove liners were 2pr/$1. Gloves and liners for $5.50 That is the best part about these gloves. I have a Bare HD Tech suit with the rubber bottle cuff seals. My suit has out lasted all of my friends with DUI seals. I also have the neoprene neck seal...also no problems and has out lasted everybody else. I have close to 300 dives on the suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom