Need help choosing where to Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laxdiver,

Whatever days you make the boat will be 2 wonderful dives with 100+ viz! The first one named each day is your 80 ft deep dive then you will multi-level it back to shallower before starting your ascent to a 3-5 minute safety stop. After your hour plus surface interval you'll drop in at the 2nd dive that will be in the 40-60ft deep range. You'll naturally get in a longer bottom time on the 2nd dive since it's shallower. NOTE OF CAUTION: most of the 1st dives will NOT have a bottom! PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR DEPTH GAUGE. With 0-24 dives under your belt, I'm not trying to be bossy, just wanting to help you be aware before you get there.....
With the beauty around you and mesmerizing you with the huge coral formations and walls , it's easy to forget to pay attention when there is no bottom. I've grown to love and trust my computer and it's backup for this exact reason so I won't slip into deco.
You'll be hooked on Cozumel's drift diving. Some drifts will be slow and nice and others will be what I call "assume position and ride". Just typing this makes me miss the diving and I've only been home a week after 23 great dives that still wasn't enough.....Have a blast and don't forget to report back here. Safe bubbles to you and your group!

Triple M: 157 FEET????

As for picking sites, I aways come up with one and then we go somewhere else for some reason and you know I don't care. It REALLY is all good.

Unfortunately it isn't my call to go more Id love to dive everyday.
Ok that's a different case from shore diving to skimp on boat diving. One compromise that divers often make with non-divers is to dive mornings only, leaving the afternoon free to do other things.

No more than I know about your plan, I won't try speculating any more. Have a great trip. :pilot:

One compromise that divers often make with non-divers is to dive mornings only, leaving the afternoon free to do other things. :pilot:

That will be my compromise with my non diving wife, plus a day off from diving to take her shopping over in Playa Del Carmen. Shore diving was good for an afternoon or evening to "dial" in equipment or practice a few skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom