Need Fin Rec's & Suggestions... rop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gambitlizard

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone!
I'm fairly new here. I was certified this summer and have only completed lake dives. So far, I've got 8 dives under my belt! However, the more I dove, the more problems I had with my fins. I purchased boots and Mares Raptor split fins. I like the way they propel me through the water, though I don't have much to compare them too. My biggest problem is that they continue to slip off or become loose as I swim. My dive instructor helped me to fit them and adjust the straps. After several attempts, we discovered that even with the straps properly fitted and boots secured, they will still slip loose after 15-20 minutes swimming. I seem to have a short Achilles tendon, which may be part of the problem.
Has anyone else had a similar issue? I did a board search, but didn't find much.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
kk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom