Need diving photo to turn into glass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevjl2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking for a digital photo that I can turn into a piece of stained glass art. It should include a diver and could include other marine life as well. Maybe some kelp, rocks and ?? I am looking for a picture that is a silhouette. Say a photo of a diver going to depth with the photographer below him with the sun shining down making the silhouette. ALso, something that is not copyright protected. If you have one, send me a link offline or send me the pic. I would like to turn it into a work of art. Kevin

This is an often used picture but I took it myself so it slearly isn't copyrighted. The extra diver adds bubbles but also a neat effect with him peeking over the edge. Probably not the best but it is a silhouette showing a diver and formations.

Edit: Upon futher examination, you could use a frosted or textured glas to represent the surface; then it might work well. Just a thought from a person who has made about 3 pre fabbed glass items and one original item using a kit. Perhaps just a section for more detail of the diver.

crack1.jpg

kevjl2:
I am looking for a digital photo that I can turn into a piece of stained glass art. It should include a diver and could include other marine life as well. Maybe some kelp, rocks and ?? I am looking for a picture that is a silhouette. Say a photo of a diver going to depth with the photographer below him with the sun shining down making the silhouette. ALso, something that is not copyright protected. If you have one, send me a link offline or send me the pic. I would like to turn it into a work of art. Kevin

Kevin

i have a question are you planning to do this for a personal item or do you have aspiration to sell this work? because there are other things to consider, like image owners copyrights, and other things. yes some people might say that if you change it enough (50%) you dont have to get permission, but isnt true at all, and a violation of a copyright can be very expensive (more then the work is worth).

My suggestion is that if you find aimage that you like and want to use is that you get in contact with the orginal creator and see if they will let you use it, or license it to you for the work (it may cost some money but its dependent on the photographer)

i hate to put it this way but alot of photographers amatuerand pros alike are very protective of there images, as with the internet most people think that they can take a image off the internet and do what ever they want without asking, which inturns can cost that person a great deal.

if you need any morehelp on this subject please feel free to ask them here or PM me and i will help you any way you can

Dan White
aka
Scubatooth

I like this one Corey. Don't know for sure if I could translate it into glass. Kevin

adder70:
This is an often used picture but I took it myself so it slearly isn't copyrighted. The extra diver adds bubbles but also a neat effect with him peeking over the edge. Probably not the best but it is a silhouette showing a diver and formations.

Edit: Upon futher examination, you could use a frosted or textured glas to represent the surface; then it might work well. Just a thought from a person who has made about 3 pre fabbed glass items and one original item using a kit. Perhaps just a section for more detail of the diver.

crack1.jpg

I said in my post NOT COPYRIGHTED>>>>>>>>> :)

Scubatooth:
Kevin

i have a question are you planning to do this for a personal item or do you have aspiration to sell this work? because there are other things to consider, like image owners copyrights, and other things. yes some people might say that if you change it enough (50%) you dont have to get permission, but isnt true at all, and a violation of a copyright can be very expensive (more then the work is worth).

My suggestion is that if you find aimage that you like and want to use is that you get in contact with the orginal creator and see if they will let you use it, or license it to you for the work (it may cost some money but its dependent on the photographer)

i hate to put it this way but alot of photographers amatuerand pros alike are very protective of there images, as with the internet most people think that they can take a image off the internet and do what ever they want without asking, which inturns can cost that person a great deal.

if you need any morehelp on this subject please feel free to ask them here or PM me and i will help you any way you can

Dan White
aka
Scubatooth

kevjl2:
I said in my post NOT COPYRIGHTED>>>>>>>>> :)

Kev...I think Tooth had a very valid question. Not copywrited images could just give you free rein to take advantage and exploit the good nature of someone offering to help by reproducing and selling the image. If this is for a personal project, that's different.

Back
Top Bottom