Need Dive Shop in Cabo for 11 yo to finish cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey there! My 11 yo son needs to finish his cert dives. I need a good, reputable shop in Cabo at the end of Dec. If it were just me diving, I would not be so concerned, but with my son involved, I do not want to just take any ol' shop.

Any suggestions, any places to avoid? I am looking in to Manta (most expensive) and Lands End. All seem to be small operations which is good.

TIA!

I would also check with Amigos Del Mar. They are out of the Marina in the downtown area. I don't know what the new name of the plaza is, it used to be the Plaza Las Glorias. They provide all of the diving guides and instructors and equipment rental for the Solmar V, liveaboard boat, which I have dived with on many occasions. The dive guides and instructors are long term, which is unusual. In Cabo, all of the operators go out in small boats, so in December, (the water will be cold, so make sure your son is prepared for hood and gloves) it might just be the two of you on the boat, which would be nice, you will have the instructor's full attention.

Take a look at my last trip on the Solmar V. They dock their boat right there in the marina that you will be able to see it when it comes to port . . .

YouTube - Manta Salsa Dancing on the Solmar V in Socorro Isles

Awesome video! Is Amigos Del Mar a PADI shop? They did not show up on the PADI website when I did a search for dive shops in Cabo.

Hello. My sister did her refferal with Baja Dive.Great Instructor. They are located in the Tesoro Los Cabos resort on the Marina Boardwalk.She paid $200.00 this included all the gear for all four dives.
check this site www.baja-dive.net

yes, they are, there is a link to their site:

Cabo San Lucas Scuba Diving - Scuba Diving Cabo San Lucas - Amigos del Mar

They have been in Cabo for MANY years (I have been going to Cabo since the early '80s) so they are very reliable. . . good instructors, show up on time, etc, but still do your research and make sure YOU are comfortable with whoever you choose.

Good luck!

Amigos del Mar is PADI affiliated. I took my advanced cert with them two years ago and really enjoyed myself. My dive instructor was Daniel Zapata, I am not sure if he is still with them. I would talk to whoever will be doing the check out dive with him, just to make sure they speak English well so he can understand them. I have dove with them many times in the past 7 years. The boats that Amigos uses are comfy with lots of room for your stuff, oxygen, radio, safety equipment. Their rental gear is well taken care of, mostly scubapro regs and Aqualung BCDs. Good luck, have fun.

Just realized you are probably back from the trip. Let us know how it went.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom