Need custom wetsuit recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ze_Abron

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

My wife is not a standard size/shape - at least not as far as wetsuit manufacturers cut their lines - (5ft 2', post-maternity waistline, smallish ass :mooner: and fabulous bust :kiss2: ) and I am trying to find a good wetsuit for her.

Nothing fits... So I am looking at the custom route. we live in San Jose and so dive in the freezing Monterey waters.

Anyone know who can make a SUPER warm wetsuit for her? Preferably a hood-attached-semi-dry.

Are customs much more expensive?

Thx!

You could try Hot Wave wet suits out of Thailand. Hotwave Wetsuits Phuket, Thailand

I ordered a custom-fitted wet suit online from them and was fairly satisfied. At first, I thought the suit was too tight in the armpits, but I was totally comfortable and warm underwater and don't notice the problem now.

After you pay shipping and duty, it might be a bit pricier than an off-the-rack wet suit, but it was convenient to enter your measurements on-line, if you feel you need a custom made-to-order wet suit. You can choose various thicknesses, hood or no hood, different colors, etc.

You could try to buy and off the rack size a bit bigger and get it altered.
Terrapin wetsuits did an excellent job on my Henderson.

Next time you are in Monterey look up a lady named Cricket at Otterbay Wetsuits or maybe called Monterey Bay Wetsuits now. It's either one or the other. I've heard many good things about her suits.

The other option is to call Don at M&B wetsuits in Long Beach, CA. (562) 422-3493.
He makes an excellent beaver tail cut with attached hood out of a wide variety of different neoprenes. Some wetsuit makers use one brand and density of material but use different thicknesses of the same stuff, but Don can get any brand, density, stretchyness, whatever you want for the type of diving being done. He caters a lot to commercial divers becase his suits are super warm and because they can get the durable stuff from him, but he also makes some excellent freediving suits and regular recreational scuba suits.

call gene at wetware in fla they are great and easy in and out just google wetware wet suits all custom and very warm 3 is like a 5 mm

Otterbay knows how to make a NorCal suit, ask them for the U.C. Berkeley Suit.

Ze_Abron

If you can work with a regional maker as some have suggested that is the ultimate. That will allow them to make the measurements and do a fitting for perfect results with no long distance hassles. Been there done that.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom