Need Atmos AI Battery Door Hatch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basically you pop out compass, then there are two 3/32 allens that disconnect the compass holder from the computer boot

I am also looking for the same battery cover. Appreciate if you can provide me with the source.

Ron
Hi Ron,
I spoke with a tech rep at Huish (888-270-8595) who told me the battery covers are available, but they do not sell them directly to the public. He advised me to contact a LDS that carries Oceanic regs, and they can order them. I have been traveling a lot since my last post on this issue, so I do not know if what he told me is accurate. However, I plan to order an extra two covers from my LDS in the next couple of weeks. When/if I receive them, I will post the results. Please do the same if you would not mind.
Guy

Hi Ron,
I spoke with a tech rep at Huish (888-270-8595) who told me the battery covers are available, but they do not sell them directly to the public. He advised me to contact a LDS that carries Oceanic regs, and they can order them. I have been traveling a lot since my last post on this issue, so I do not know if what he told me is accurate. However, I plan to order an extra two covers from my LDS in the next couple of weeks. When/if I receive them, I will post the results. Please do the same if you would not mind.
Guy
Thanks. I called my LDS and have a nice lady named "Jen" chasing it. Will post what I learn.

Hi Ron,
Guy
Well,.....I have an update but not happy news. My LDS was willing to assist and made some phone calls. Found out that Huish has battery covers but not for the Atmos Ai. Only the Atmos 1 or 2. Sounds like I'm the proud owner of a perfectly good dive computer that isn't submersible. Really irritates me because a different LDS stripped the threads on my current battery cover and left me to discover the issue at 80 feet. Had to abandon the dive and missed the 2nd morning dive that trip. Let me know if you luck into a different answer or source.

Well,.....I have an update but not happy news. My LDS was willing to assist and made some phone calls. Found out that Huish has battery covers but not for the Atmos Ai. Only the Atmos 1 or 2. Sounds like I'm the proud owner of a perfectly good dive computer that isn't submersible. Really irritates me because a different LDS stripped the threads on my current battery cover and left me to discover the issue at 80 feet. Had to abandon the dive and missed the 2nd morning dive that trip. Let me know if you luck into a different answer or source.

I will contact my LDS and have them give it a try. The info your LDS got what not what the tech guy at Huish told me. Sounds like a bit of confusion there. I'll post the results when I get covers or a firm No.

Confirming the bad news. Huish has no battery covers for the Atmos AI. Need to treat my two sets like babies and never, ever let a dive op try to change the battery. Oh well!

Confirming the bad news. Huish has no battery covers for the Atmos AI. Need to treat my two sets like babies and never, ever let a dive op try to change the battery. Oh well!
Yep. I'm taking the damaged cover to my LDS. They've been the only "hands" on the unit for the past 3 years. If nothing else, maybe I can get a highly discounted replacement.

Good luck. I think I will remove the computer for any future work on my reg set, although my LDS is excellent, and they were not the ones that destroyed one of my battery covers several years ago when the covers were still available through Oceanic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom