Need advice on next dive destination please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt....the answer is yes.

For example, a friend of a friend has a 49 foot Hunter sailboat and he now specializes into private/semi-private sailing/diving liveaboard in the St Marteen area. The overall concept is you do one dive, then sail to another location, dive again, etc. He is also a MSDT instructor therefore, it would be possible to pursue additional diving certifications.

I have never dealt with him but I know my friend will be going down to St Marteen in March and is planning to visit them. If interested just PM me and I will send you the link of the website.

In regards to the camera... look into a GoPro.. its $300, comes with a 180foot waterproof case and does full 1080p or 11mp pictures.

However you would want to get a "flat lens" solution for it as unfortunately the camera doesn't focus very well underwater. That will be another $100 or so.

Good luck with finding your next dive trip!

We have a trip going to Belize in May of this year. We will be diving the Blue Hole on the Sundancer II. It is an amazing trip, and we will be diving with 5 time emmy award winning Stan Waterman. Here is a Video of what to expect. or you can go to www.sugarlanddivecenter.com

[video=youtube_share;uWp93k765yw]http://youtu.be/uWp93k765yw[/video]

We have a trip going to Belize in May of this year. We will be diving the Blue Hole on the Sundancer II. It is an amazing trip, and we will be diving with 5 time emmy award winning Stan Waterman. Here is a Video of what to expect. or you can go to www.sugarlanddivecenter.com

Wow! I don't yet know if I'm enough of a scuba fanatic to want to spend a whole week on a boat, but among live-aboards this looks primo!

(You know, with all the wine tasting going on, my wife and I might just be the only sober people on the boat come supper time.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom