Need advice on a home location in Florida!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are in Navarre, 1/2 way between Pensacola and Destin. Housing prices are excellent (compared to Vegas), good schools, and plenty of jobs with 5 military bases near by. Diving in Pensacola or Destin, springs 1-2 hours away.

Well, the house I live in on Venice beach will be for rent or sale in a week. Venice is between Tampa and Ft Myers on the SW coast and I can walk 75 yards to one of my favorite dive sites. Private neighborhood beach entrance and very desireable area. Google Earth 10 Gulf Manor Drive Venice 34285.

Anyone interested send me a PM for more details. 3/2 ranch with lanai and 2c garage.

Florida no longer has any more room for people from from New Jersey:rofl3: we have reached our quota:rofl3: You might consider Georgia or Alabama:rofl3: the diving is pretty good there also.

My vote goes to the quiet and quaint "old Florida" village of Manalapan. Great diving is actually a stone's throw away, if you can throw a stone about 500 feet. The turn of the century wreck of the three masted barque Loftus rests in 16- 22' of water right off of your back door, if you get into the right piece of property.

Access to miles and miles of the healthiest and most beautiful reefs in the continental US is minutes away if you own your own boat via the Boynton inlet.
With the present state of the home market Manalapan is more affordable than ever with prices for beautiful listings like this one (which, by the way has the wreck in the backyard) starting in the middle teens.

$16,500,000
Single Family
1120 S OCEAN
MANALAPAN, FL 33462

5 Beds
8 Full Baths
1 Half Baths
3.0 Garage

11495 sqft living

R2787847_1.jpg

FROM THE OCEAN TO THE INTRACOASTAL, OVER 2 ACRES OF PRIME REAL ESTATE WITH MAGNIFICIENT WATER VIEWS! THIS BRITISH WEST INDIES ESTATE, CHATEAU MER AU LAC IS A RARE FIND. LOCATED JUST SOUTH OF THE RITZ CARLTON IN PALM BEACH COUNTY. ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ESTATES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY!! IT REALLY DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS. STRETCHING FROM THE OCEAN TO THE INTRA COASTAL, SITTING HIGH ON A DUNE WITH UNPARRALLED VIEWS. TOTAL PRIVACY WITH A TALL SEA WALL AT THE BEACH AND AUTOMATIC GATES AT A1A. HAVING YOUR BOAT ON THE INTRA COASTAL SIDE GIVES YOU THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS WITH THE ABILITY TO HAVE OVER A 100 FT YACHT AT YOUR OWN PRIVATE DOCK ON PROTECTED WATERS.

I live in West Palm (I'm a native!), but Jupiter and Juno are great. Further south there's Deerfield Beach which is really nice too. Nice areas that also tend to be down to earth, and good places for diving. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom