Need Advice for Upcoming 3-week trip to Philippines! april 1-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roger...what's your set prices for OW and AOW? Not sure how they'd compare to the 'cheapies' I've heard quoted.

Of course, offering cheap prices doesn't 'prove' bad service... neither should it be taken on the assumption of such. For the potential customer, the exact service and 'value' of the course offered should be investigated however. Actually... that should apply regardless of the course cost...

13,500 is pretty cheap for a PADI OW course, all-inclusive, if boats are used for the dives. You'd need quite some turn-over to cover your business overheads, then take some cash home at the end of it.

The lowest price I've heard quoted in the Philippines is <9,500... but that was on the basis of being tied to a single resort , so accommodation/food income was used to off-set the lower course cost. When comparing room/food costs with equal standard competitors, the total room/food/course cost worked out approx the same as other companies were charging.

I run entirely private lessons, in Subic... normally one-to-one or two-to-one. OW over 4 days. I couldn't come close to 13,500 when offering lessons at that customer capacity.

Not wanting to talk 'trade' on the forum, but I'd be really interested to chat about operations, if you fancied PMing me.

Man how i wish i had an extra 3 weeks. I think inreally wanted to see coron island for its lakes lagoons and wrecks but as an open water course for her - maybe not the best. Althouh she would see cool wrecks.

When referring to the cheap lessons in pg, i meant seaside riders. Its owned by mike not miles. My bad.

He told me everything was included in that price which seems unreal.

Thats why i was wondering if anyone has heard anything about them :)

Thats why i was wondering if anyone has heard anything about them :)

If you search the site, there's some positive reviews for the fun-diving side of things. That doesn't necessarily reflect on the conduct of courses, but can be a gauge of the overall attitude of the dive shop.

Mark (owner/DM at Searider) does visit Scubaboard... perhaps you can give him a nudge and ask him to comment?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom