Need a warm water suit for a fat guy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am new here and I need to find a suit that will fit. I am 5'10" and 315:11: Does anyone have any suggestions? Oh one last thing, I am on a pretty tight budget because my wife and I start OW on the 30th.

Texas Redfish:
I am new here and I need to find a suit that will fit. I am 5'10" and 315:11: Does anyone have any suggestions? Oh one last thing, I am on a pretty tight budget because my wife and I start OW on the 30th.

Try the Henderson Gold Tytanium Hyperstretch. The stuf is so stretchy it will probably get on just about anybody. The problem that you are going to have is any suit that will fit you comfortably is going to almost certainly be to long. You will have to look for sizes like 3xl-short which i'm not sure if henderson has. I can tell you that there 2xl is long on me and i'm 6'3".

You may find that you will be better off renting something till you can afford to get a custom suit, but good luck anyhow!

What Matt said, however, I encourage you to go into your local dive shop and try on other wetsuit. And because you're asking for a warm water suit, that shouldn't break your budge. :)

I would give Carolyn @ Liquid Fit a call 800-785-8362. Her prices are comparable to the Henderson hyperstretch and you know that the suit will fit you.
If you are new to scuba, you will find that none of your equipment is going to be cheap. Get the best that you can afford. It will pay off in the long run.
SWT

I agree at 5'10" and 315, a custom suit will probably be your only solution.

Custom suits are not that much more than something like a hyperstretch.

http://www.eaglereef.com/

Custom wet suits, resonable price, pretty fast service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom