Need a new wetsuit... Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey everybody, one last question. I'm leaning towards waterproof...am I correct in concluding that waterproof wetsuits are essentially a semi-dry suit?

I'm thinking I go with waterproof boots, hood, gloves, and suit.

Would I be better off with a suit that is advertised as semi-dry? There's a Bare suit that I think would also work...otherwise a Kodiak or Henderson but the price goes up considerably from there.

Also, with Waterproof everything, the total price jumps up to the $600 range. Is this really superior to going for a cheaper semi-dry like maybe Camero?

You guys have been very helpful, thanks so much for all your advice so far. :D

The best wetsuit is going to be the one that fits best. that being said, you can choose a few brands that are in your price range and then try them on and buy from there. Obviously this means LDS visit or be prepared to maybe return something if you buy online and it doesnt fit well. think about your body type, taller longer limbs, shorter wider build some manufacturers cuts are different.

600 for a wetsuit... I would spend the money on a good semi dry. Wetsuits allow water movement which means they will never be as warm as a semi dry (assuming both fit properly). Look at the mares isotherm, I dont think the scubapro nova scotia is available in womens sizes anymore...

If you have 600 to spare on a wetsuit, go for the scubapro everdry 4 neoprene drysuit for about 1000 and be REALLY warm and totally dry.

600 for a wetsuit... I would spend the money on a good semi dry. Wetsuits allow water movement which means they will never be as warm as a semi dry (assuming both fit properly). Look at the mares isotherm, I dont think the scubapro nova scotia is available in womens sizes anymore...

If you have 600 to spare on a wetsuit, go for the scubapro everdry 4 neoprene drysuit for about 1000 and be REALLY warm and totally dry.

It wasn't $600 for a wetsuit. I paid $385 for my suit. Plus semi-dry gloves, boots, and hood. Plus hangers. Plus a mask.

All for $660. Pretty good deal I thought.

I'd have bought a semi-dry if I could have gotten one closer to my price range. My final decision was between a Nova Scotia and the W3. Hopefully I won't regret that decision.

I am also in the market for a new 7mm wetsuit. I think I have settled on the new Henderson AquaLock 7mm. At my LDS the suit, gloves, boots and hood is running about $600ish. Sounds like it is a little more than what you want to spend, but I would definatly give it a look. That has to be the MOST comfortable suit I have ever laid hands on. Convinced me right off.

And dang it, I hit send before I went back and corrected my spelling.....please overlook that. thankyouverymuch :read:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom