Need A New 7MM Wet Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I made a dive and this cheap 15 year old Body Glove is not what I have in mind . I could not even get the back zipped up ,so dove anyway . Something top of the line is my choice and wonder you having recommendations for this old man . I say an average of 60 degree water most of the year . Be good , safe and kind Rumdumb

If you're thinking about top-of-the-line 7mm wetsuits for 60F water, you might want to also think about a drysuit. I dived Monterey for a couple years in a 7mm wetsuit (AquaLung SolAfx, around $600), it's a good suit, I would recommend it if it fits you well. But, eventually I bought a drysuit too (SeaSkin Nova, around $1000 plus undies, maybe $1400 total). I'm much happier in the drysuit. Water temps here are in the 50s most days.

But if you really would prefer a wetsuit, the most important thing is that it fits well. Doesn't need to be a fancy brand, doesn't need to be made out of the latest and greatest in neoprene technology. Just needs to fit your body well. Poor fit causes the seals to let more water flush in and out, and will trap larger pockets of water inside. Try on a dozen or so at local shops, and if none of them fit like a glove, look into a custom wetsuit. They're not as expensive as they sound.

If you're in the Monterey area, Cricket at Otter Bay Wetsuits has a great reputation. She made me a custom neoprene hood and made some modifications to my drysuit. I would not say that she works fast, but she does do solid work.

I've been very happy with my Bare Reactive 7mm. Warm, durable, and most importantly, fits me well. As @Brett Hatch mentioned, fit is the most important thing.

i am looking for a bare 3 mm farmer john but could not find any in Granada.

For water that cold, if you're determined to stay wet, then hands down, a 7mm open cell freediving suit. If you can't stomach the open cell part, then a closed cell version if you can find one. Two piece, integral hood and no zips to worry about.

I have a SolaFX 7mm/8 and it is great, maybe even too warm for me in 14C water, that would be about 57F in yankee damngrees.
I'm selling mine like new as i'm moving to dry. Based in Portugal if you're interested.

A 7mm MAKO Freedive suit should be more than adequate for diving in 60 degree water.

We use the best neoprene available and our prices are very competitive with free shipping and no need to buy an additional hood.

Bare Reactive or Waterproof W7 7mm.

The Reactive feels slightly warmer, to me, but I dive a W7 because it has thigh pockets.

Or, a Seaskin Ultra compressed neoprene drysuit. Made to measure, top notch quality, and not much more money than one of those wetsuits.

I have 2 7mm wetsuits and have not dived either one in years. If it's cold enough to want more than a 5mm, I go with my Seaskin Ultra or one of my trilam drysuits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom