need a good travel reg/setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im thinking just an xtxt50 or maybe the mikron. maybe the size will be a non issue? all the other stuff im bringing is small: force fins, express tech bc. no wet suit. and plan on buying the dive caddy.

Indonesia and Thailand are in no way remote diving destinations, thailand especially, I think more divers get certified in Thailand then anywhere in the world...meet up with me in micronesia,ppng, laccadive islands, java....You will wish for your titans or mares !

Yes. Thailand is like a jacuzzi and too fished out and ive done most of my diving there. You have a place for my to do my DM ?

I did my DM and IDC at Crystal Dive Resort, koh tao, thailand, I highly recommend them, not only are they quite tough on you(thurough), and you learn hands on, they're also well reputed, so will give you a better chance to find a job, if you want one. (And unlike some dive schools, they take safety seriously, and always have O2 onboard, surface cover, do rollcalls and have a droptank in the water).

Last edited:
What about the Atomic Z2 it is not very cheap at $500 but seems to last 300 dives before a service. This is what the guys at scubatoys recommended.

I'm still advising the Apeks XTX20....it's reliability can't be beaten, light weight, and it preforms as well as others at three times its price.

i purchased the Apeks Flight along with the Aqualung Zuma bcd for travel. The zuma is super easy to pack. You can actually roll it up like a shirt and stuff it in your backpack. The flight is incredibly light and is the best breathing regulator that I have used.
I bought both of these at my local dive shop.

ok cool. do you mind me asking how much you paid for the flight?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom