Need a few beginner dives on Oahu and Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only one person to contact when diving the Honolulu area, give Gabe at Kaimana Divers a ring. You and your crew will be more then happy with his service. PM, he commented on this thread--scottitheduck. Diving the north shore contact Gabe or Scuba Drew--he can even video tape your whole dive experience.

Bus

In honolulu I will second Gabe, he is an awesome guide and knows his stuff.

Peace,
Greg

from west Maui, you will really like Molokini crater. its a sunken volcano. very cool

I also would like to know about good Oahu dive sites for beginners! My instructor in NY told me lava tubes are cool...where can I find those?

Beginner lava tube diving off Oahu in Feb is pretty limited.

On the West Side, Makaha Caverns is a double lava tube in a V shape, and there are other overhead structures at Stars &/or Oz. There are also cavern/overhangs to peer into at Black Rock and Airplane Canyon, but those are deeper sites.

Out of Hawaii Kai there are caverns to check out along China Wall if I remember correctly.

Summer is the better lava tube / cavern diving off Oahu in my opinion, off the North Shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom