Need a dive op in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baitedstorm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband and I will be going to Key Largo for our first anniversary and are in need of a dive op to hook up with. We drove down there last weekend and checked different places, managed to find an enexpensive hotel, but thats it.

We're looking for a place to dive with for the entire week (June 6 - 12 ) I see there's tons of shops around, but its so hard to tell who to go with. If anyone can suggest someone, we would really appreciate it.

(I would rather not be on a "cattle boat" and prefer a DM to show us around since neither of us have ever been diving there before)

Thanks

baitedstorm:
(I would rather not be on a "cattle boat" and prefer a DM to show us around since neither of us have ever been diving there before)

Thanks

Paradise Charters is the only operator I'm aware of that has a DM in the water free of charge. I believe other ops will charge extra for a in water DM/guide.

I highly recommend Blue Water Divers. We have dove with them on different occassions, and every time it has only been myself and my wife on the boat - talk about personal service!! These guys are like diving with old friends - both Brent and Glen are top notch guys! They can also get you great contract rates at the Holiday Inn right next door.

Not sure what thier policy on a DM in the water is, each time we were on courses so Brent came in. These guys love to dive and it shows - call them and you'll probably find they will get in the water just for the fun of it!!!

We have dove all over the world with many, many dive ops. I can't stress enough how good these guys are - and thier hotel rates are the icing on the cake!!!!

http://www.bluewaterdiver.net

Check out Island Ventures, www.islandventure.com. There is a group of us going there tomorrow, so don't take just my word for it, ask them after tomorrow. As far as a DM in the water, if you're going to stay within the Pennekamp reefs, you're probably not going to need one as most of the dive sites are 35' in depth or shallower.

thanks everyone....... :)

I dove with Paradise Charters and had a great time. The put a dive guide in the water for each group of six divers. There were two groups of six each time we went out. I believe the boat was rated for 20 or 24 people but they limited passengers to 12.

jbd:
I believe the boat was rated for 20 or 24 people but they limited passengers to 12.

sounds like my kind of boat!!!! thanks for the imput!!

I'll chime in for Paradise Charters as well... highly recommended!

As was posted earlier, is the only shop in Largo that actually puts a DM in the water to guide you. You also have the option of going off and doing your own thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom