Need a cheap but reliable back up computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went the Casio Sea Pathfinder route. Originally had Helix but it went to the great watch Heaven after about 30 dives -- button depressed accidentally underwater, a bit of intrusion, never recovered.

The Pathfinder does depth, temp, bottom time, compass. The compass function is pretty useless underwater -- can't get it to stay on -- but the other functions are absolutely fine. Makes a decent normal watch, too. Think I paid about $125.

Another vote here for a watch and a dive table. $10 for the watch (which you can wear topside) and you probably already own the dive table. The major downside of having the table for a backup is that it does not feed your jones for gadgetry! ;-)

If you are diving on air an Atmos 1 in your pocket for just over $100.
Quick reference card is laminated and small enough to carry with it.JAFO

Thanks I think I'm going to go with the watch and depth gage. I just started diving and am already spoiled with the computer. Mabey I can talk the wife into letting me get one of them cheap Rolex watches?

Back
Top Bottom