NEED 30 cf alum triple bands made.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heh, heh, OK, I'll fess up. The blacksmith worked in a sheet metal shop which had a forge. He could work any kind of metal job which involved benders, welders, fire and brimstone. Ivan, it would be better if you had a sample set of triple bands as double bands might not do. The concept is just too different. However, if the worker had the tanks and the required spacing between tanks he should be able to wing it. The spacing should be very close, much closer than double 72's or the like. I don't remember the exact distance but it was just enough for 1/4 inch Allen head bolts to fit in the drilled holes. If there is enough room for hex head bolts and sockets it is too wide, IMO but your manifold will determine spacing in the end. If you are shortening the manifold like I did keep spacing in mind. The center section closes differently from the outside hoops. It needs to be made to open wider than might be assumed because it closes by drawing together both ends of the hoop, not just one as with the outside hoops. However, I'm sure this thing could be sketched, layed out and made to fit first time. The hoops on my bands were spot welded (spot welder) but a short bead along the joints would also work.

Well I'm not saying this is a definite possibility, but I have a friend who TIG welds race car roll cages like an artist, and says he can do light gauge SS sheet with ease. The problem is he's difficult to track down. But if the dollars are right, I could draw up the bands in Solidworks, and get the prints to him...IF he was interested in doing it. That's the part I dont know about.

just curious... who makes triple manifolds?

It is easy to fabricate one.

Attachments

• DSC01505 (Small).JPG
    DSC01505 (Small).JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 137
There is a triple set up up for bidding on eBay right now that is at $110.oo

Thanks for all the suggestions. To date I have failed to find a place. My last shot was Privateer divers, but they do not do bands. I am stilll looking for somebody. PLease keep the ideas coming.....................

Is this going on a backpack or are you using a harness? What manifold are you using? Straight across or slight V?

The manifold will be the one shown in this thread, it is straight with 5-1/8" center to center spacing. It will be used with a vintage harness.

What does the harness need for attachment?

The harness usually attaches to the bands, slots cut in the bands. I am sorry to hear the issue with bands. I have a triple project also but it has been on the back burner due to no suitable tanks that, er, suit me. Mine is a Nemrod straight manifold. What tank is that in the pic, Captain?

N

Back
Top Bottom