NEED 30 cf alum triple bands made.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1969ivan1

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for someplace that has or can make a set of triple bands for me. I expect that this will be a custom job, but am very open to premade bands if anyone out there knows where they are sold? I will be tripling? 30 cf Alum tanks.

What might be easier to do is find an old Jaques Cousteau triple tank pack.

Just out of curiosity, how do you plan to use these bands? Do you have a triple manifold?

Send a PM to Victor, "detroit mudpuppy" here on SB. He makes fantastic bands, I have 2 sets of his bands, and I'm pretty certain I've seen photos of a set of triple bands he built.

I do have a manifold on the way....

My partner in crime who also needs triple bands has attempted to engage Viktor in this project, but he apparently is not interested in doing it.

Thanks for the suggestion and I eagerly await more.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

threads merged

Those would do very nicely. Now, if I could find a blacksmith that could do that for me.

At the end of the day it's just rolled and bent SS stock with a few extra details. A good local sheet metal shop should be able to work them up without a problem. If you can bring some sample of bands, like from doubles and the cylinders or dimensions it should be easy. They usually have an estimator that sketches stuff like this for the shop. Once in a while you find a "commercial only" shop but most will deal with cash carrying mortals. If you can find a small one man operation you can avoid some overhead.

Ask for "polished & papered" material. This will be nice factory brush/polished sheet stock with a protective plastic sheet that you remove when ready to install.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom