Necklace rigging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well I'm still here.

Thanks to all those that helped - it's obvious when you know the answer which is why this board is so good.

I have removed the sp attachment thingy and have one zip tie holding the mouth piece and bungee in place.

Now hopefully I can do my Technical Diver course in a bit more comfort when it comes to using the back up.

Thanks guys
Jonathan

with the SP clip (I have an R380) and used surgical tubing for the bungee.

Works fine.

It probably wouldn't work for bungee though, due to the lower amount of compressability of the stuff compared to the tubing.

This will depend on the 1st stage, single or manifolded doubles. The hose should be just long enough to hold in your mouth and not get pulled out when you turn your head to the left. The hose doesn't extend out past the edge of my shoulder. Usually figure 22-26".

Dave D

Interesting. I don't have mine tight like you guys are describing, it hangs fairly loose. If I have it in my mouth my teeth hold it there. Am I missing some reason for having it tighter?

Tom

What about mounting the necklace around the tee exhaust or through it rather then around the mouth piece. I've found in cold water, low 30's, your lips are so num that if you don't get a seal with the neckless there. Also, with it mounted there, I've found that it hangs in a manner where you have manover it up to get it in. You also run the risk of having the neckless pull the mouth piece off the reg. I've not had it happen to me, but I've seen it and it will always happen at the time that is "really" the wrong moment.

I've found that if its through the tee or where the loop goes around the tee, (which is the way I'm using it now) it hangs in a possition where all I have to do is duck my head down, lowering my mouth and its in. Hands free kind of deal...

Dave

Silverback once bubbled...
I've found that if its through the tee or where the loop goes around the tee, (which is the way I'm using it now) it hangs in a possition where all I have to do is duck my head down, lowering my mouth and its in. Hands free kind of deal...

Dave

Interesting idea but it seems it would put the reg in a "mouthpiece hole up" position which would give a greatly increased tendancy to freeflow.

Tom

Tom,

One would think so, but it actually doesn't. With the pinch point on the bottom of the tee, the reg hanges with the mouth piece in the down and the purge button resting on my chest. The angle it hanges at, when horizontal in the water column, allow me to just duck down and pick it up. Now, to be fair here, I've only been able to do this a couple of times and in most practice cases, doing shutdowns or air sharing drills, I still use my free hand. More then likely in a reflex actons, but the main reason I've gone to this connection is because of (a) a lower risk of having the mouth piece pop off or (b) not being able to get a good seal when your lips are cold and num. Nothing worse then taking a breath and finding water due to a bad mouth seal.

Also, I use the Apex TX100 around my neck and I close down the venturi when not in use, lowering the risk of a free flow.

Dave

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom