Neck strap quick removal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sapphire:
More of a hassle, I think, is threading and unthreading the lens cover to the camera. And then trying to remember where I put it, LOL! I am going to lose that thing someday :biggrin: !!

cheers,

i have mine attached to the neckstrap so when i take the strap off to put the camera in the housing the lens cover for the camera will stay with the strap.

steve

DivemasterSteve:
i have mine attached to the neckstrap so when i take the strap off to put the camera in the housing the lens cover for the camera will stay with the strap.

steve

Oh, good idea Steve. But so I can visualize, do you loop the thread attached to the lens cover around just any place on the neckstrap? Or.... ???

sapphire:
Oh, good idea Steve. But so I can visualize, do you loop the thread attached to the lens cover around just any place on the neckstrap? Or.... ???

if your holding the camera up as if you are taking a picture, i have the thread looped on the left side, loose where it will slide up and down close to the body of the camera. the strap is doubled there where the clip is that you thread the strap through so i loop the thread around just one side of the strap so it cant come off. i hope you understand what i'm talking about, LOL when i read it back it dont make a lot of sense.

steve

SAF: No, the rings won't get in the way of the housing, but make sure you get the small ones, about 1/2" across. At least, they don't get in the way of my PT-018. Since this is my first underwater rig, I can't claim any knowledge of other housings, or definitively answer Warren's question about the PT-015. I would think, however, that since the PT-018 and PT-015 are made by the same manufacturer, they would hold the camera in a similar fashion. My C-750 is held securely in place by internal plastic braces extending from the sides of the housing, which leaves about a fingertip's worth of room between the camera body and the walls of the housing. That's more than enough room to accomodate the split rings attached to the camera, which hang almost flat against the sides of the camera body when not attached to the strap. I found a PT-015 photo online, which I've attached here. It looks like there's plenty of room in there to accomodate the rings. If they make them all the same way, I think you could probably get away with this technique on any of the PT series.

DivemasterSteve:
if your holding the camera up as if you are taking a picture, i have the thread looped on the left side, loose where it will slide up and down close to the body of the camera. the strap is doubled there where the clip is that you thread the strap through so i loop the thread around just one side of the strap so it cant come off. i hope you understand what i'm talking about, LOL when i read it back it dont make a lot of sense.

steve

Oh no, Steve, it actually makes sense to me... thanks for the explanation!!

I'm starting to notice the large amount of Oly 5050 owners around here. It seems to be by far the most popular camera 'round these parts.

I can't argue with that, of course. The 5050 is a high quality system. When I purchased my new camera last month, it came down to a standoff between the 5050 and the C-750. After a long look at the 5050, I went with the 750, but only because I wanted the 750's 10x optical zoom more than I wanted that one extra megapixel of resolution...

sapphire:
Oh no, Steve, it actually makes sense to me... thanks for the explanation!!

your welcome sir, LOL i dont have another camera that i can take a pic of it with but i did take a pic of it in the mirrow without a flash. it didnt turn out the best but at least it shows what i was talking about. being its taken in a mirrow, the image is backwards so it looks like i'm holding the cap in my right hand but i'm not, that is my left hand.

steve

Judging by the photo in Steve's last post, there seems to be another advantage of the 5050 - its strap attachment rings apparently have a slightly wider opening than those on my 750. The spring clips I used for my jury-rigging were just a bit too thick and wouldn't pass through the strap attachment slots, thus necessitating the split rings. If you could get away with using only the spring clips on the 5050, then SAF and Warren's concerns about the rings wouldn't be a problem (although I still think the PT-015 housing looks roomy enough to accomodate them if needed).

I just had a look at my 5050 in the PT015 and it looks like there should be enough room for a small split ring to fit inside, but it's close. I would say half inch at best, but I'd have to try it out to be certain.

DivemasterSteve:
your welcome sir, LOL i dont have another camera that i can take a pic of it with but i did take a pic of it in the mirrow without a flash. it didnt turn out the best but at least it shows what i was talking about. being its taken in a mirrow, the image is backwards so it looks like i'm holding the cap in my right hand but i'm not, that is my left hand.

steve

Got it, you described it perfectly. Thanks, Steve! I am going to do that immediately, what an easy fix!

jennifer

Back
Top Bottom