Neck Seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dive buddy, who had problems leaking at the neck when she turned her head or looked up, just spent the entire weekend diving with the Apollo Bio Seal. And it was great! It helped form a perfect seal, and was comfortable to wear. No more leaks.

I have found that with the neoprem seals that if I push the seal down below my adams apple adn pushed down in the back as well. This stops the leaks. It is opposite of the neprene seals that have the seal above the adams apple. Give it a try. The fix is cheap.

Avic7: Don't really know what all these mouth-breathers are talking about with the shaving the neck deal. I've had hair down to my shoulders for the last ten years on and off and I can count on one hand the number of drops of water that got in through my neck seal.

One word: neoprene. Warmer, tougher, easier to maintain and it'll last longer. When it gets too tight, stretch it out over a tank for a few minutes.

It's the answer. Also, a good hood that fits properly over the neck seal will help greatly.

I had the same problem because of the musculature of my neck. I ended up purchasing an Apollo Bio Seal after trying everything else and it worked fantastically. I would definetly recommend it. It is a little pricey but worth the money when compared to the compromised safety and the aggravation of being wet in a cold environment.

Look here:Apollo BioSeal

dmax tim:
What about a dui dry neck hood that goes inside your neck seal, gives a hood and increases your neck size.

their hoods dont actually work that way. they tuck inside the outerlayer of the drysuit, b ut are still outside the seal. they do work great. i use one with my neoprene neck. if i dont have the hood tucked well i'll get a few dribbles of water when i look 'up' when its on correctly i'm totally dry.

Tobagoman:
I had the same problem because of the musculature of my neck. I ended up purchasing an Apollo Bio Seal after trying everything else and it worked fantastically. I would definetly recommend it. It is a little pricey but worth the money when compared to the compromised safety and the aggravation of being wet in a cold environment.

Look here:Apollo BioSeal

Gotta agree - I trimmed one ring off my neck seal and it went from too tight to slightly too loose. Had no problems since using a bioseal.
Cheers,
Rohan.

pnwdiverman:
I have found that with the neoprem seals that if I push the seal down below my adams apple adn pushed down in the back as well. This stops the leaks. It is opposite of the neprene seals that have the seal above the adams apple. Give it a try. The fix is cheap.
I'll try this on saturday,on our last dive, my buddy said he saw my head spewing a steady stream of bubbles the entire dive. Oh yes, I got WET!!! :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom