Neck Seal Systems (Orust) for smaller persons?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know if the ORust is the same physical size as the Sitech Quick Neck? I'm considering replacing the Quick Neck with an ORust
Late to this party but - per the installation guide, yes, the dimensions are the same. https://www.sitech.se/media/90632/gluing-guide-for-neck_web.pdf

IMG_1673.jpeg

Our shop has rental suits in sizes down to women's extra small and our main dive site is a long walk up and down hill in gear.

I haven't seen any major issues with the quick neck on smaller divers. Everyone regardless of size finds the gear more comfortable in the water than on then walk. Perhaps more so for smaller divers but that's hard to quantify.

My personal suit is definitely less comfortable and harder to don and doff since I had a quick ring installed to replace a glued in neck seal. But having my glued in seal split just before a dive was all I needed to convince me the quick ring is an improvement. (Luckily for me one of the other divers on the boat had rented 2 different dry suits for the weekend to compare before buying and I was close to his size and able to do the dives that day)

I'm 5'7", narrow shoulders. I have the second generation Si-Tech neck ring, I think it was called Quick-Neck? My straps sit partially on it. Doesn't affect in water feel in my opinion. Might slightly limit mobility on land - I THINK it makes it harder for me to reach over shoulder to zip drysuit, could be just me. I guess there is some sacrifice for being able to quickly swap out the seal if needed.

Why do you want a neck ring system? Typically, for slender folks silicone neck seals work quite well as they tend to be more snug. Dilute baby shampoo with water with 1:10 ratio, spray around the neck seal, and viola - easy entry w/o tears.

Why do you want a neck ring system? Typically, for slender folks silicone neck seals work quite well as they tend to be more snug. Dilute baby shampoo with water with 1:10 ratio, spray around the neck seal, and viola - easy entry w/o tears.
Can’t speak for OP but:

First of all, you’re going to need a neck ring system, or something like DUI zip seals, if you want a silicone seal - they are not glueable like latex.

Now reasons as to why? Ease of changing the seal - a silicone seal will rip and at the worst time like before a dive. I can, and have, changed out a ripped silicone seal with a spare in less than 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom