Neck Entry Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldboy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've just been offered a neck entry drysuit for free. Its an Avon judging by the looks of it, and I'm thinking of keeping it as a spare. Does anyone know anything about these or is it a dog ? Its obviously quite old, but the rubber looks in very good nick. Thanks.

oldboy:
I've just been offered a neck entry drysuit for free. Its an Avon judging by the looks of it, and I'm thinking of keeping it as a spare. Does anyone know anything about these or is it a dog ? Its obviously quite old, but the rubber looks in very good nick. Thanks.
The Avons are pretty tough suits. I guess you could have a zipper added if you want. I have a red/black Avon with zipper entry and wrist exhaust. I really like it.

You can't beat free. If you don't want it, pass it along to me!

:D

Cheers,
BD

Know anybody giving away a Russian 3 bolt?

Actually I would like to get my hands on an IDA-71. :D

Going rate for 3-bolts is about $650. The goosneck has enough meat on it to be rethreaded with the standard O2 thread.
Add a neck dam & yer set to rock & roll.
The IDA-71s were going for quite a bit less than that, they were the most commonly used system in use, including in some aircraft, no less.
I sold my old Jack Brown RB a couple years ago, had to limit my "collecting" to working gear or I wouldn't be able to turn around in here.
I'm walking sideways through the livingroom as it is.

Thanks for the reply. I think I might go for it, will have to try it on and see what I think.
Oh, and if anyone wants to give me a Russian 3 bolt, I'll take it off your hands.
So what do you get for your 650 quid, helmet only, or helmet/corselet/suit/boots ie full rig ?

So what do you get for your 650 quid, helmet only, or helmet/corselet/suit/boots ie full rig ?
Shipping rates on the "heavy gear" add a significant amount to the cost of the gear, so your local prices will vary.
Suggest you check out your local chapter of the Historical Divers Society; http://www.thehds.com

Back
Top Bottom