Near Misses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Per Infra:I was working with another instructor with some large groups. We were using tanks supplied and filled by Infra. The air was not contaminated with CO, but the air tasted very oily, which is usually a sign that the filter had not been changed for quite awhile. The other instructor (who is a very sweet guy who I have never even seen angry in the many years that I have known him) went to Infra and told them of the problem we experienced. Infras response was to ban my friend from from renting their tanks for 6 months. One other problem we had with Infra is that their tanks were often filled below 3000psi. It happened so often that we never use them anymore.

Dressel Divers at Iberostar confirmed for me that their Bauer compressor has an in-line CO monitor. This is who I will chose to dive with when I return to Cozumel. Of course, I will also test each tank myself.

I would agree with this assessment if that is the facility that used to be called Meridiano or the like.

Yes. Infra = Meridiano

This is who we use as well and have for 6+ years. As Dave said, I'd say that at least 80% of the ops use them.

Others use Lin-Mar which is the small operation located inside the Caleta - they do not fill nitrox however.

Ops with their own compressors are mainly those at the southern resorts:
Sand Dollar
Dive Palancar
Dressel

RubberDucky wish I could answer that, but I haven't used them in years, except for EANx and I only checked those tanks and really didn't go back to the pumping area. It's not right to guess, but if I made one I would say they probably have one as they are a fairly modern facility.

Dressel Divers at Iberostar confirmed for me that their Bauer compressor has an in-line CO monitor. This is who I will chose to dive with when I return to Cozumel. Of course, I will also test each tank myself.
When you tour their compressor room, would you mind taking a pic of that monitor...?
Ops with their own compressors are mainly those at the southern resorts:
Sand Dollar
Dive Palancar
Dressel
And Del Mar Aquatics. And Blue Angel.
RubberDucky wish I could answer that, but I haven't used them in years, except for EANx and I only checked those tanks and really didn't go back to the pumping area. It's not right to guess, but if I made one I would say they probably have one as they are a fairly modern facility.
Why would you guess that? Every station should but most don't.
Don- *shrug* it's what I heard.

Between this thread and the other, I think my next purchase for diving will be a tester.
And one of the cheapest but an important one. Half of my Nitrox tanks have tested 5 ppm this week, and I did recheck my technique so feel certain now.
Pelagic Ventures, Del Mar Aquatics, Blue Bubbles, Blue Magic Scuba.
These are all good dive ops
Yeah. I asked Del Mar if I could see their quarterly test records in 2008. They told me that they could not send samples in to the US from there (lie!), and hadn't since before hurricane Wilma, but then most don't it seems.

Blue Angel has their own compressor? Then why the daily deliveries of air tanks?

Blue Angel has their own compressor? Then why the daily deliveries of air tanks?
It's not at the shop; no room. I have not seen it, but the owner told me about it - all electric, but he did not see any need for CO monitors last time we talked. I hope he's changed his mind.

Back
Top Bottom