NC Ranked 3rd in the World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm still sticking with Bermuda. North Carolina has some nice wrecks, but waves and weather will keep you away from them for large portions of the year. We have similar problems in Texas, visiting our gorgeous offshore reefs.

The rating is for the quality of diving...doesn't have anything to do with it being rough or blown out. I'm one of the ones that have been all over the world. Fiji, Roatan, Belize, Bonnaire, etc. When NC is good...I wouldn't want to be anywhere else :wink:

It really wasn't posted as a pissing contest. If you read through the thread you see that. That's why it's in here in the NCWD forum, not out in the main forums, to prevent that.

Jason

The Indra is a good beginning dive as Ive done it twice & had good exp. both times with Discovery Diving.It was dead calm one day & 4ft pitching seas the other.We are getting Nitrox cert. this Dec. so we can get to & have a decent bottom time on some of the deeper wrecks.It still beats out diving the VB coast even tho its a 4 1/2 hr drive each way for me.Doing a easier dive 1st is the way to go as our 1st dive off boat in VB had 5-6 ft seas & serious current with bottom temp at 59 almost drove away my buddy(my wife) from diving, but she loves NC & Discovery.Not as much as the Caribbean,but for as close as it is not a bad 2nd.We will look forward to the charter next year.

Jason B:
It really wasn't posted as a pissing contest. If you read through the thread you see that. That's why it's in here in the NCWD forum, not out in the main forums, to prevent that.

Jason

Not to be a pain, but you should know by now that it's the thread title that counts, not the forum the thread is placed in. Most regular viewers just click "new posts" first, and then poke around their fav forums later.

So when a post stating "NC ranked #3 in the world" pops up, you can bet your butt it's gonna get jumped on. It's a natural diver reaction... can't STOP... must argue...

archman,
I've never used the "new posts" feature so I was unaware that this would happen. I guess that's how the whole board jumped in on the "BC or BP/W" thread we had in here. Thanks for pointing that out.
As for who is ranked where, doesn't really matter, we have world class diving here regardless of where we rank and I'm glad to live here.
I see you're from Texas, I hope to dive the Texas flower gardens this summer.

Jason

Jason B:
archman,
I see you're from Texas, I hope to dive the Texas flower gardens this summer.
Jason

Actually, I'm from coastal North Carolina originally. However, I too would like to dive the Flower Gardens. Crappy weather keeps cancelling my trips. I'm stuck watching Sanctuary videos and hearing about how great everybody elses' trips went.

archman:
Not to be a pain, but you should know by now that it's the thread title that counts, not the forum the thread is placed in. Most regular viewers just click "new posts" first, and then poke around their fav forums later.

So when a post stating "NC ranked #3 in the world" pops up, you can bet your butt it's gonna get jumped on. It's a natural diver reaction... can't STOP... must argue...

Thats the reason I jumped in (and out when you got upset about it)

All: Jason and Ken and I were discussing a spring trip for the NCWD to the coast for diving today - and I would opt that the first couple of dives to be the Indra or other "mid-level" dives. That way, we newbies and less experienced divers could "learn the ropes" - ughhh - excuse me, the "reel lines" and build up a group confidence. I don't have a problem with inshore dives, and as Jackie and others (off-line) have said, some divers really don't want to spend 2 hrs getting to the wreck. I personally don't have a problem with that, but would like to work up gradually to the deeper and more challenging dives.

All that said - a couple of spring "get-togethers" at Moorehead or where ever might be in order - maybe we can discuss that on wednesday's meeting nite? Also, Mel, Mary and Vanessa will be back from KL and can voice thier opinion on that.

Me - I'm all for getting wet just about anytime, anywhere - as long as its within MY limits.

Dale - I think you're giving us the benifit of your experience - in suggesting a couple of easier dives, to let the group gel, etc. Plus - a cookout in the afternoon isn't a bad idea.

Obviously, we are encouraging our VA friends, and anyone from GA or even TX would be welcome.

Just my 2 mBar....(sorry - thinking metric....)

Back
Top Bottom