Navarre Pier 9-13 noon dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well it will be interesting to see what Ike has done to the Beach, it'd be a shame if all the stuff that was uncovered is now recovered. We had like 10 foot waves and a 3-5 foot tide today. So who knows...... I will before the weekend is out!

Need I say more... Hopefully it uncovers the P-cola reef:

bilde

bilde

It'd be nice if P'Cola gets uncovered and Navarre stays Uncovered! I have my fingers crossed!:popcorn:

Would you say it's safe to assume our dive is off for tomorrow?

bilde
HOLY CRAP! I hate to think about what this guy is going to do Texas

It'd be nice if P'Cola gets uncovered and Navarre stays Uncovered! I have my fingers crossed!:popcorn:
Me too! Gold coins and pirate treasure can always be uncovered too :eyebrow:

Would you say it's safe to assume our dive is off for tomorrow?
Even I wouldn't dive that. Though, if you timed your entry juuuuust right, you may be able to....... ah, nevermind :wink:

Wow, great picture wjefferis :D That'd be awesome enough to just ride out and watch!

Can't take credit for the picture I cut and pasted it from the Pensacola News Journal. I was really impressed that P-Cola beach was taking such a hit with Ike so far away from us. Man I hope this storm gives us our nice beach dive back. NOAA is saying that the high surf advisories are supposed to end on Saturday morning, so maybe we can start checking things out on Monday or Tuesday.

I will be leaving Pensacola today (Saturday) about 2 pm and heading back to Ft. Walton. I am going to make a stop at the Navarre pier on my way home and see what things look like. The wife was in Navarre yesterday and the surf was over the wooden walkways that cross over the dunes.

Any of you people who are shell hunters might want to hit the beach. I heard there were big shells everywhere.

Stopped by Navarre Beach on the way home. Here are some pictures I took about 2:30 PM today. The wind was still blowing strong out of the South.

Navareewaves.jpg

navarrepostIke.jpg

Navarrepier.jpg

wavesnavarrepier.jpg

Thought this was great. Surf was so bad and they have double red flags flying. This father was in this overflow pool with his daughter....it was great to see this dad finding a way to have fun with his daughter. This is an overflow pool of water behind the dune right before you get to the parking lot.

fatherinpool.jpg

Back
Top Bottom