Navarre Beach Pier and Pensacola Beach Reef 7-15-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Meeting at Navarre Beach Pier on Saturday at 8AM for a dive there. Gonna follow it up with a dive at Pensacola Beach Reef. Hoping for a quick gear up, long dives, and quick gear downs. Gonna try to do these two dives and hit up Alabama Point Jetties for high tide at 2:30PM.

Gonna hit up the Whiskey Wreck in the afternoon as well, if anyone wants to make a run into AL for the jetty and Whiskey dives.

All dives will be weather dependant.

I know we're diving together on the Whiskey and AL jetty, but are the reefs beach accessable? I don't know how far you are from the beaches, but if you need somewhere to stay, we are staying at Big Lagoon State Park and your welcome to crash there.

Another one of your party has been contacting me through PM, I've gone through the dive plans with him. I'm about a little more than an hour from Navarre Beach Pier. About an hour from Pensacola Beach Reef(which is just sunken pier rubble), 40 min from AL Pnt Jetties and the Whiskey Wreck. All these are beach dives.

I'm not sure of my plans Sat night or Sunday.

If you need more info on the dive sites for Sat, shoot me a phone call or ask here.

This may be a stupid question as I'm not really familiar with the geography of the Pensacola Beach Reef. This weekend is the air show. Will traffic and parking where you plan to dive be impacted by the air show traffic and parking?

I plan to do Navarre if the weather cooperates. I may choose between Pensacola and the Al Pnt Jetties and the Whiskey Wreck rather than do all three.

I forgot about the damned airshow, is it on base or at the beach?

If its at the beach, its gonna be a friggin mess...

Ouch, cancel Pensacola Beach Reef then. We're probably just gonna head straight to Orange Beach after Navarre, get some tank fills and maybe some grub and hit the jetties at 2:30PM, which is more optimal than what I figured we'd be out there for anyway.

Glad I asked.

Yeah, no kidding, that would have been an unpleasant suprise :p

SBM,

I think I'll try to join you for the Navarre part of the dive and then head back to Destin for a 1pm jetty dive. I can get home at a decent hour that way. Can you PM me with directions to where you park etc. ?

KCH,

Are you headed East or West after Navarre and, if you're coming back East, do you need a ride? I can bring the Jeep if you want to carpool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom