Navarre Beach Pier, 8-26-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KansaiKitsune

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Went to Navarre Beach Pier with SuPrBuGmAn and dnos today. That was actually my first non-training dive, and my first one since I got my cast off from the auto accident. Thanks for putting up with me, guys. I had a lot of fun. Had to wimp out on the second dive, but the doc said to take care with the wrist, and it was hurting me at the time. Though I must admit that by the time I was eating lunch, I was wishing I hadn't skipped the second dive, because it was feeling better again.

I'll let the other guys give the report, since they have the photographic evidence of it. Since I didn't have a camera, I decided to make something instead in Photoshop to commemorate the dive -- and reference Hollywood's current b-movie blockbuster. I think I was pretty much obligated to after the second one got my face. Doesn't seem to be swelling too bad, though. :pity_part

jellyfish.jpg

Guys, thanks for putting up with with a newb. I hope to do it again with you, and as my wrist gets better, things will be a LOT easier. Stuff on the surface is the hardest part at the moment.

Oh, and for anyone reading this thread contemplating BCs, the Zeagle Brigade totally rocks your face off.

Well, I literally just laughed my *** off at that picture :D Pretty much sums up the dive!

I'm in the process, of processing, all my shots from today. 2nd Dive went well, we didn't have the same peak visibility as on the pier, but our average visibility was much better at around 10-15'. Full report on both dives will be posted before the night is over, and the photographic evidence :wink: Join us anytime KK.

Good news, I'm finished with the 60+ shots I took today.

Good news, I'm going to sleep.

Bad news, no report or picture uploading tonight, see above :p Morning...

Where do you go for the Navarre Beach Pier dives? Is it easy or do you have to haul your gear and watch the tides like at the Destin Jetties?

Thanks,
-stacy

You goto Navarre Beach :) Take Hwy 98 to Navarre and take the big bridge that heads South, you'll come to a stopsign and you go straight ahead to the public parking area and the old fishing pier(destroyed by Ivan) is on the west side - park in the southwest corner of the parking area near the pier. You have to walk over the beach to the water with your gear(much shorter walk than Destin jetties), but tides aren't a big concern here as there isn't a pass close. Full report has more info and pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom