Nautilus lifeline software/firmware updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm still annoyed by the whole thing. I'd like to hear from a few which have purchased used lifelines so we can hear how smooth or rough the transfer process is.

I'm still annoyed by the whole thing. I'd like to hear from a few which have purchased used lifelines so we can hear how smooth or rough the transfer process is.

MrChen, I understand exactly how the comment on the weekend upset people and I hope that someone will come forward to answer your question.

As the Sales Executive at Nautilus LifeLine Ltd. I have worked with people who legitimately purchased used units from online and from friends and colleagues. Obviously I cannot provide names or I would be breaching confidentiality but the process is simple and I am happy to explain it here.

When purchasing a used LifeLine, ask for the original Sales Receipt if it is available. If it is not available, ask for the email address that the LifeLine was registered under and ask the seller to email info@nautiluslifeline.com with the unit serial number and the name and email (yours) that will be registering the sold unit. This allows our team (and you) to know ahead of time that the unit is legitimate and to make it easier for you to register and clear the old MMSI to allow you to enter your MMSI number for the Distress feature.

I would also ask that anyone who loses a Nautilus LifeLine, either through theft or accident, send us email as well. If you do not know the Serial Number we can look it up for you and also put a warning in the file so that if it turns up, you may have a chance to recover it.

Regards,

Terry Wilson
Senior Sales Executive
Phone 001 604 241 1918 | Fax 001 604 241 1922

I am very happy with my lifeline, the registration was easy and the online support to ensure proper US Coast Guard compliance was straightforward. I hope that the misstatement of a single rep doesn't dampen interest in this great safety innovation.

Dan-O

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

When purchasing a used LifeLine, ask for the original Sales Receipt if it is available. If it is not available, ask for the email address that the LifeLine was registered under and ask the seller to email info@nautiluslifeline.com with the unit serial number and the name and email (yours) that will be registering the sold unit. This allows our team (and you) to know ahead of time that the unit is legitimate and to make it easier for you to register and clear the old MMSI to allow you to enter your MMSI number for the Distress feature.

I would also ask that anyone who loses a Nautilus LifeLine, either through theft or accident, send us email as well. If you do not know the Serial Number we can look it up for you and also put a warning in the file so that if it turns up, you may have a chance to recover it.

Perhaps this information could be put on your website's FAQ page or somewhere else where it can be readily found by folks who have purchased a used one or looking to do so.

Glad to hear this, and that is a reasonable policy IMO.

Hooray!

Nautilus is a company that I've received truly exceptional service from. Really, people throw phrases like that around but I mean it. Exceptional service from the same nautilusmike who posted in the for sale thread. I was disappointed when I saw the original response to that for sale post. Glad the point has been clarified or changed or whatever.

Not that I had any plans to sell my radio, but the principle of things like this matter to me.

Back
Top Bottom