Nautilus Lifeline Radio Disassembly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this thread is amazingly well timed. I acquired one of these a few months ago for a song, and found the battery wouldn't last very long at all, and the unit would power off. It had sat in someone drawer for years without battery maintenance. I was able to update to the latest firmware, but had issues with software compatibility. I spoke with their tech support, and we determined I should try an old XP laptop I keep around for 1990s BMW diagnostics. Worked like a charm.... just had to deal with the battery.
Following this thread, I've successfully opened my unit with no damage! I thought there might have been a trick... but you helped eliminate the guess work. Really excited to see how the new cell works...
kudos to you!

Reactions: JFS
Gonna have to find something similar in size and specs that I can add the circuit board to.
are you planning on using the cell as-is plug and play, with it's board.... or planning on swapping the original lifeline board to the new cell?
*edit just looked @ the photos again and it looks like at minimum you'll have to change the orientation of the wires on the plug of the new cell.

are you planning on using the cell as-is plug and play, with it's board.... or planning on swapping the original lifeline board to the new cell?
*edit just looked @ the photos again and it looks like at minimum you'll have to change the orientation of the wires on the plug of the new cell.
Hopefully just plug and play. The connection looks same from what I see in the picture.

Very interested in how this turns out! I've got one too that this may be needed on one day. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom