Naui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ajax

Reaction score
IS IT COMMON FOR ADVANCED OPEN H20, TO BE TAUGHT TO STUDENTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE BASIC OPEN H20 CHECKOUT DIVE?

I AM TAKING AN ADVANCED CLASS, AND I AM THE ONLY C-CARD DIVER IN THE CLASS. (ALL CHECKOUT DIVES +)

thanks

You mean the other students are not certified by any agency? If that's the case, it's a breach of standards.

Are you saying that the class is a mix of OW and AOW students or do you think that they are all AOW but some are not certified at any level?

THEY HAVE TAKEN THE OW CLASS, POOL SESSION. BUT NOT THE CHECKOUT DIVE. YES THEY ARE NOT CERTIFIED YET.

I would stay away from this class and this instructor.

I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THE CLASS, AND HAVE COMPLEATED HALF THE COURSE. I DECIDED TO GO ON MY AOW CHECKOUT WITH ANOTHER LDS. WHAT RECOURSE DO I HAVE?

devilfish once bubbled...
I would stay away from this class and this instructor.

I would also stay away from the caps lock key, but that's just me! :jester:

Unless this brave rocket scientist is planning to have other instructors with him and they or him will do the basic checkouts appart from the advanced class, well, what's more important, the fee or your life. Get your money back from the shop.

I am a NAUI instructor and am curious about what is going on. Is the shop combining AOW and OW dives? If so is it to save on instructor time or do the two groups of dives use the same criterion so therefore can be done together. Are you the only AOW student? Was it maybe the instructor's intent to have you experience assisting with an OW class?

I am not sticking up for anyone, just trying to figure what is going on and what the intent was / is.

If what he/she is doing is outside the standards then you can probably get a refund. Have you asked him/her what they are doing and why they are doing it?

We are all in the AOW class. The other students have taken the book portion of OW, but have not taken there checkout. They do not have C-cards for ow.

Does this explain it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom